Super7even OOT

by Macker ( 69 Comments › )
Filed under Entertainment, OOT at September 3rd, 2013 - 9:00 pm

I recently discovered this web series spoof of 1960s spy films about a red-masked spy, “Super7even,” and his allies at T.H.E.M fighting the forces of Evil, represented by T.H.E.Y. The episodes are available on YouTube.
Here’s one particularly unusual tribute to Patrick McGoohan’s iconic series, “The Prisoner”: Episode 16 (the first and ONLY Season 3 episode)…”The Captive”. Watch and shake your head!

Now that you’ve cried UNCLE…on to The Overnight Open Thread!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

69 Responses to “Super7even OOT”

1. rain of lead
    1 | September 2, 2013 11:51 pm

ok that was just as strange as anything bunk comes up with

2. 2 | September 3, 2013 9:15 pm

I forgot to add: two very recent episodes feature SFX guru Doug Drexler as an assassin: one time dressed up like an UNCLE agent, the other much like one of his favorite characters from the early days of TV, Paladin. Both times his character was killed.

“Go clean yourself up. You dead!”

3. rain of lead
    3 | September 3, 2013 9:19 pm

I am having a strange feeling of vooja-day

4. 4 | September 3, 2013 9:20 pm

@ rain of lead:

I rescheduled this OOT to tonight, so as not to clash with Goldwaterite’s post.

5. rain of lead
    5 | September 3, 2013 9:28 pm

@ Macker:

I knew that
    (no, really,wasn’t confused at all)

6. rain of lead
    6 | September 3, 2013 9:39 pm

for heysoos mom who played the violin

7. rain of lead
    7 | September 3, 2013 9:42 pm

The Associated Press ‏@AP 3m

BREAKING: New Syria resolution in Senate puts 90-day limit on US military action.

8. rain of lead
    8 | September 3, 2013 9:48 pm

Did anybody at that hearing today discuss what happens if somebody
    decides to shoot back at us? Or is it just assumed that we can lob
    missiles at Syria and they’ll just politely take it on the chin?

Anti-ship
    missiles exist. Sooner or later somebody is gonna let one off the chain
    at a US warship and then we are in a world of shit.

The phrase “unexpected consequences” keeps echoing through my head!

9. 9 | September 3, 2013 10:01 pm

rain of lead wrote:

Did anybody at that hearing today discuss what happens if somebody
    decides to shoot back at us?

Yeah, I like the way Obama pretends that this can be entirely bloodless on our part. Let’s assume that Assad doesn’t let of nerve gas on our troops, what else could he hit us with? He probably doesn’t have the anti-aircraft to take down our planes, especially if we use B-2s for effect. We can degrade his capabilities pretty thoroughly, if we choose that option. But no battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy.

10. 10 | September 3, 2013 10:02 pm

rain of lead wrote:

New Syria resolution in Senate puts 90-day

Harrumph! Harrumph!

11. 12 | September 3, 2013 10:22 pm

Didn’t the bombing runs on the Serbs get FUBAR…the military went through the motions to make it look like they obeyed Bill while Monica was giving him blowjobs?

12. 13 | September 3, 2013 10:23 pm

rain of lead wrote:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 3m

Limit?…..and how many times have we extended the debt ceiling in the past five years.

They know no limits.

13. 14 | September 3, 2013 10:24 pm

I’ll bet he’s someone’s bitch now too!

14. rain of lead
    15 | September 3, 2013 10:30 pm

@ Macker:

what do the Russians call it… the golden bb

just because it’s a billion to one shot doesn’t mean it can’t happen

15. rain of lead
    16 | September 3, 2013 10:32 pm

best summary of the situation in Syria

Now in the large I’m for the bombing of foreigners -- partly on principle and partly just personal satisfaction. Especially when they’re actual bad people like the Assad regime. But sometimes there really is nothing in it for us and we’d all be better off if they brutally slug it out for a few years.

But even if I were convinced that Syria-bombing was exactly what was needed, I would still never put it into the hands of this particular collection of clowns, blowhards, naïve radicals, preening narcissists, high-functioning retards, and generally clueless space-wasters. Hell some of these people I’d be nervous even trusting to pick up my mail and feed my pets while I was on vacation.

17 | September 3, 2013 10:34 pm

@ rain of lead:

I wouldn’t let them near Leia

17. 18 | September 3, 2013 10:36 pm

@ Macker:

Soomething like that. We got a plane shot down, there, too, though the pilot escaped. You can’t have a military mission without risks. I doubt seriously that Obama has thought through the scenarios here. He is just desperate to get sometyhing other than his scanadals on the front page. YOu also had Weaselly Clark give an order to a Brit (General? IIRC) that was refused because it would have meant firing on the Russians. The guy who refused the order said essdentially that he wasn’t going to start World War Three for Weaselly. I think the big red flag that should be in everybody’s mind here is Russia. Russia has the Veto in the Security Council. We can’t get by that without giving the Russians something. I’m not sure what the Russians will want, or even if they will be willing to consider it at all. I get the distinct impression that Putin holds Obama in contempt. Who can blame him? Obama isn’t an American President who fills his office. He is more like Jimmy Carter. In way over his head. And that is the most charitable thing I’ll say about him. Obama is nobody’s leader.

18. 19 | September 3, 2013 10:38 pm

I love my cats too much to entrust them to this pack of clowns.

19. rain of lead
    20 | September 3, 2013 10:45 pm

and yet these ass-clowns are in charge of the most powerful nation on earth

*shudder*

21 | September 3, 2013 10:48 pm

I love my cats too much to entrust them to this pack of clowns.

Mooch would try to feed them salad

21. 23 | September 3, 2013 10:50 pm

@ rain of lead:

Obama has the launch codes for our nuclear missiles with him at all times. He can actually give the order to let the birds fly. That is a truly frightening thing. Obama isn’t qualified to lead a boy scout troop.

22. 24 | September 3, 2013 10:52 pm

@ The Osprey:

I thought he was the one. And the Democrats thought about foisting him off on us as a President. It is really a wonder that the United States has lasted this long.

23. 25 | September 3, 2013 10:55 pm

I’ve heard of people nearly killing cats by feeding them a Vegan diet. A cat has to have meat. That is the way they are set up.

26 | September 3, 2013 11:00 pm

Some people are too stupid to have pets

25. 27 | September 3, 2013 11:06 pm

Nothing makes me madder than cruelty to animals. Animals are a gift from God. They should be treated as such.

28 | September 3, 2013 11:06 pm

I’ve never understood why anyone would want to do that, anyway. If you want to make yourself sick so you can feel morally superior to the rest of the human race, that’s your choice. Dogs and cats have no such feelings, though. All you’re doing is torturing them, and they don’t even know why.

27. Calo
    29 | September 3, 2013 11:09 pm

If I neglected to feed my pups and cats meat, I have no doubts that I would be dinner in a few days.

28. 30 | September 3, 2013 11:13 pm

All you’re doing is torturing them, and they don’t even know why.

Exactly. When I was a kid I saw a guy on the street beating a dog to death. If I’d had a gun with me, I’d have shot him. There is simply no excuse for that kind of behavior. Too, cruelty towards animals is usually a sign of much more serious mental disease. Many serial killers start out with cruelty to animals. They lack the moral fabric to recognize that they are doing wrong.

31 | September 3, 2013 11:14 pm

Calo wrote:

Leia would just park in front of me and stare at me.

30. 32 | September 3, 2013 11:28 pm

Dogs and Cats are meant to be hugged and kissed. They were sent by God to bring joys on our lives.

31. 33 | September 3, 2013 11:29 pm

Exactly. When I was a kid I saw a guy on the street beating a dog to death.

I saw someone throw rocks and Dogs and laughed. I cracked his head with a Baseball bat.

32. 34 | September 3, 2013 11:58 pm

I had heard that ALL serial killers first tortured animals.

35 | September 4, 2013 12:01 am

Some people are too stupid to have pets

That’s why they have Animal Hats. :lol:

34. 36 | September 4, 2013 12:08 am

So we have the people that screamed for years against Bush and his wars, now they practically are climaxing to cover Obama’s ass with a new war where there are absolutely no good guys. Can you imagine back at 911 that America would be bombing the enemies of Al Queada? For the first time in my life I hate the sides that America picks.

I find myself liking Putin (a horrible person, actually) more than I like my own President. Nothing, absolutely nothing good will come of us lobbing some cruise missiles at Syria. I think this will come back to bite us way beyond what anyone comprehends right now. And for what?

So Helsinki Syndrome McCain can feel he is doing something? So the power elites can protect one of their own? There is no DEM / GOP, there is just us regular people and the fucking elites!

Just a handful of conservatives trying to slow things down. Why doesn’t somebody rip Obama a new one right in Congress? Be worth destroying your career to speak the truth that cannot be denied. Call him a coward right to his face, call him the destroyer of America right to his face! But we do not have anyone that feels a sense of urgency or would sacrifice anything for the sake of the nation.

35. Calo
    37 | September 4, 2013 12:11 am

@ Jehu:
    That’s what I always thought as well, however, maybe not.

Further studies have suggested that these behaviors are often the product of parental neglect, cruelty or trauma, and that such events in a person’s childhood can result in “homicidal proneness”.[5] However, the ‘triad’ concept as a particular combination of behaviors may not have any particular validity -- it has been called an urban legend.[6]

The MacDonald Triad.

38 | September 4, 2013 12:37 am

we just got adopted by a kitty. she cant be more than 6 months old.

kat, you just hit the jackpot.

her name is molly.

(molly maguire, my greats, slaves in the mines)

39 | September 4, 2013 12:39 am

@ Jehu:

putin isnt a horrible person. his goal is a stronger russia.

40 | September 4, 2013 12:40 am

Jehu wrote:

HR syndrome.

you are not allowed to do anything negative toward the racial hire.

41 | September 4, 2013 12:41 am

@ Calo:

DSM….V

?

40. 42 | September 4, 2013 12:51 am

Congratulations! A new cat is always a reason to celebrate. We plan to acquire two more in the coming year. A female rag doll and a male Maine Coon. My wife says we are stopping at eight, but I think we’ll eventually add a ninth cat. A nine cat cat family would be nice.

43 | September 4, 2013 12:53 am

9 by 9lives. zen

44 | September 4, 2013 12:56 am

this cat has followed me and the girls as we walk to the sitters house for a week or so. it was inevitable. mrs coldwarior would adopt a walrus if it could follow one of us home.

this cat hit the jackpot….phoebedog and her are still introducing, as it were

43. Calo
    45 | September 4, 2013 1:02 am

I stumbled upon that theory while looking up Jeffery Dahmer and animal abuse.

Lol, seems like that theory would be tied to the new DSM of political correctness.

44. 46 | September 4, 2013 1:03 am

putin isnt a horrible person. his goal is a stronger russia.

Ivan the Dread and, for that matter, Stalin prove that “horrible person” and “seeking stronger Russia” are not mutually exclusive traits. Polonium Boy is not our buddy. I’m sorry I have to keep saying that, but, he’s not.

I agree with Jehu that Putin is more our buddy than is Obama, but mostly because I agree with Jehu that it’s a travesty that this has come to pass.

47 | September 4, 2013 1:03 am

FNC just reported that Ariel Castro committed suicide in his prison cell.

46. Calo
    48 | September 4, 2013 1:05 am

Obviously, you tapped into my vat of coffee this evening.

What are you still doing up?

47. 49 | September 4, 2013 1:07 am

I just saw that. Good riddance to bad rubbish. The man deserved to die for his crimes.

48. Calo
    50 | September 4, 2013 1:08 am

Good news!

49. 51 | September 4, 2013 1:08 am

@ Calo:

Stress. I slept for a couple of hours, and then woke up. I’ll try to go back to bed in a little while. I’m just trying to relax to a point I can sleep. I’ve taken a second Lunesta, so I should be down pretty quickly.

52 | September 4, 2013 1:09 am

@ Zimriel:

putin is not our friend, he is not our enemy.

he simply is

he seeks a stronger russia.

he is what he is.

53 | September 4, 2013 1:10 am

FNC just reported that Ariel Castro committed suicide in his prison cell.

who is ariel castro? too lazy to bing as i have this cat on me.

52. Calo
    54 | September 4, 2013 1:11 am

Ah, I know that syndrome. May the Gods induce your Lunesta slumber rapidly.

Otherwise, I’m going to be adrift tomorrow morning without your commentary.

53. 55 | September 4, 2013 1:13 am

Ariel Castro was that freak that kept those women imprisoned for like ten years. Beat them, raped them, forced abortions on them. He’s a real low-life. The world is a better place without him.

54. Calo
    56 | September 4, 2013 1:13 am

He’s the man who kidnapped and held 3 women in his basement for years in Ohio.

57 | September 4, 2013 1:15 am

@ Calo:

was allowed by the guards to off himself.

56. 58 | September 4, 2013 1:15 am

@ Calo:

I should make it into the office around seven tomorrow. A couple of cups of coffee, and I’ll be ready to tackle the day. I do hope my drugs kick in soon, though. I don’t function well on low sleep.

59 | September 4, 2013 1:16 am

@ Calo:

funny…work your ass off to get ahead ant yer a LIV.

58. 60 | September 4, 2013 1:17 am

No doubt. Might have been encouraged to save the State the expense of keeping him up for th enexzt 40-50 years. No one will miss him.

61 | September 4, 2013 1:19 am

Calo wrote:

He’s the man who kidnapped and held 3 women in his basement for years in Ohio.

i was going to make a joke thqat he must be a cleveland browns fan…but that would be inappropriate.

62 | September 4, 2013 1:22 am

mollycat has taken a sleep position on a pillow on the drexel heritage claw foot couch. (good taste, kat)

61. Calo
    63 | September 4, 2013 1:24 am

I have no doubts about that.

Well, from this really LIV to all you political types that keep me informed, good night.

And, CW… Remember kittehs cause SIDS. :)

64 | September 4, 2013 1:26 am

I guess he didn’t want to spend a thousand years in prison or whatever it was they sentenced him to.

I’m guessing it wouldn’t have been pleasant for him.

65 | September 4, 2013 1:27 am

Calo wrote:

I have no doubts about that.
    And, CW… Remember kittehs cause SIDS.

they do!

(grabs some garlic just in case…o wait…wrong scapegoat.)

66 | September 4, 2013 1:29 am

I’m guessing it wouldn’t have been pleasant for him.

latin kings wouldnt protect him.

67 | September 4, 2013 1:50 am

Leia says that she would pee on his carcass.

And she likes pretty much all humans (except FedEx drivers), so that’s saying something.

66. 68 | September 4, 2013 1:42 pm

I love my cats too much to entrust them to this pack of clowns.
    Mooch would try to feed them salad

Shrimp and lobster salad might work.

When we leave town we have fellow Orthodox Christians look after our felines.

The cats enjoy the company of their cat, plus two humans, for the duration.

67. 69 | September 4, 2013 1:44 pm

@ Zimriel:
    putin is not our friend, he is not our enemy.
    he simply is
    he seeks a stronger russia.
    he is what he is.

He also seeks to make the world somewhat safer (or at least survivable) for Orthodox Christianity.

We consider him our friend even though we have never enjoyed any direct communication with him. I’d take a bullet for Russia or for Serbia without an instant’s hesitation -- but not for the Muslim-brotherhood-ruled US any more. Sorry but it’s true.