Clash of Idiots: Justin Raimondo vs Charles Johnson

by Rodan ( 143 Comments › )
Filed under Anarcho-Capitalism, Blogwars, LGF, Progressives at September 13th, 2013 - 7:00 am

Justin Raimondo and Charles Johnson are of the biggest idiots on the Internet. I take the Corpulent Blogger to task on a daily basis over his obsession with Glenn Greenwald, Nazis, Pam Geller and Ron Paul on a daily basis at Dairy of Daedalus. I have done posts exposing the lunacy of Justin Raimondo such as his wish that Japan had won WWII. Well last night on Twitter, two of the Internet’s biggest idiots clashed.

Raimondo vs CharlesRaimondo vs Charles a

Raimondo vs Charles 1 Raimondo vs Charles 2 Raimondo vs Charles 3

As much as I despise Justin Raimondo, he definitely got the better of Charles Johnson. This internet fight between two of the biggest idiots online is like the Syrian Civil War between Assad/Hezbollah vs. al-Qaeda/al-Nusra, they are both evil.

Tags: , ,

Comments

143 Responses to “Clash of Idiots: Justin Raimondo vs Charles Johnson”

1 | September 13, 2013 7:11 am

Clash of the Midgets?
    Oh, that’s right, “midget” is heightist or something.
    Make that “Clash of the Vertically Challenged”.

2. 2 | September 13, 2013 7:28 am

The Osprey wrote:

Make that “Clash of the Vertically Intellectually Challenged”.

Fixed.

3 | September 13, 2013 8:00 am

I will take Fat Boy over the Anti-Semite any day.

4 | September 13, 2013 8:05 am

Justina tells Charles to “grab hard” -- that’s something Justina is probably used to doing.

5. rain of lead
    5 | September 13, 2013 8:19 am

morning y’all

6. 6 | September 13, 2013 8:21 am

Raimondo is another reason I no longer identify as a “Libertarian”. Dude is absolutely nuts, and as anti-American as Dick Durbin (D-al Qaeda). Anybody that thinks the world would have been better off in the Imperial Japanese had won World War Two is clinically insane. Also very ignorant of history. Anybody that thinks European colonialization was the most awful thing in the world simply knows nothing of Imperial Japan. They impressed millions of Chinese and Korean women into slavery specifically as sex slaves for the Imperial Japanese army. They weren’t merely slavers. While there was some aspects of sex slavery to the slavery in the American South, sex slavery never was official policy of the Slavs States, neither before nor during the Civil War. For the Imperial Japanese it was just another day at the office.

7. 7 | September 13, 2013 8:22 am

@ rain of lead:

Morning! Did y’all get the storms we had last night? No tornados or anything, but the sky put on quite the light-show for us.

8. 8 | September 13, 2013 8:28 am

Makes one wonder how a battle between the Imperial Japanese vs. The Nazis would have gone….

9. 9 | September 13, 2013 8:30 am

They’re like scorpions in a jar….seal the jar and let ‘em both suffocate.

10. rain of lead
    10 | September 13, 2013 8:32 am

not a thunder storm but it rained like hell

11. 11 | September 13, 2013 8:38 am

@ Macker:

One could hope that they both lose. Interestingly enough, the Japanese and Germans both viewed each other as “subhuman”, but they were willing to make common cause together in the name of totalitarian government. Which make me wonder how the Democrats would react to a modern day Hitler or Tojo. I’d say that the Donk’s behavior towards Imperial Islam makes it likely that the Left would support the totalitarians. They all want Big Government. For the Left, Big Government is God.

12. 12 | September 13, 2013 8:42 am

@ MacDuff:
    Now that’s not really fair. I like scorpions. They are very interesting creatures. I caught a scorpion in a jar when I was a kid. I let it go after a little while, because I had no idea how to take care of the little thing. It was petrified of being in the jar and wouldn’t hunt bugs. When I let it go it tdropped its tail down flat and skittered for all wit was worth. What made that interestig for me is that it indicates thateven as primitive a brain as a scorpion has, it is still able to experience the emotion of fear.

13. 13 | September 13, 2013 8:44 am

Or, in the Demo☪rats’ case…Allah….

14. 14 | September 13, 2013 8:49 am

So, what’s Honey-Boo-Boo doing today?

15. rain of lead
    15 | September 13, 2013 8:50 am

@ Macker:
    hey have you ever seen the webstrip schlock mecernary?

The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

1. Pillage, then burn

14. “Mad Science” means never stopping to ask “what’s the worst thing that could happen?”

34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.[23

16. rain of lead
    16 | September 13, 2013 8:52 am

I just noticed that today is Friday the 13th
    there should be some good horror movies on tv tonight

17. 17 | September 13, 2013 8:54 am

@ Mike C.:

You know, thankfully I can say that I’ve never watched Honey Boo Boo, but it is honestly scary that such a thing would become so much a part of American culture that I’d even know she existed. It is sad comentary on how far our Republic has degraded. All the masses want is bread and circuses, or rather EBT and the Kardashians. Sad comentary on the US as she falls.

18. 18 | September 13, 2013 8:56 am

Wasn’t my point. More a comment on relevancy to reality…

19. 19 | September 13, 2013 8:58 am

@ rain of lead:

Good point. I didn’t really notice that until you pointed it out. I don’t kno I’d hope for good horror flicks, though. There are precious few really good horror flicks. Most of the genre is pure unadulterated crap.

20. 20 | September 13, 2013 8:59 am

Meanwhile, how ’bout that global Keynesian stimulus?

Ouch!

21. rain of lead
    21 | September 13, 2013 9:11 am

examples of good horror flicks

the evil dead
    the cabin in the woods
    the first Freddie movie
    the first alien movie

what are yours?

22. 22 | September 13, 2013 9:14 am

Speranza wrote:

Justina tells Charles to “grab hard” — that’s something Justina is probably used to doing.

Justin is very experience in grabbing hard. This is really a battle of two intellectual lightweights.

23. rain of lead
    23 | September 13, 2013 9:15 am

a slapfight between two sissys

24. 24 | September 13, 2013 9:17 am

@ Mike C.:

After Obama’s unprecedented “Stimulus”, only fools and those wishing to bankrupt the country defend Keynesian economics. It just doesn’t work. And from the article, it doesn’t even seem to promote any short-term rowth to speak of. Governments are essentially parasitic. They don’t produce goods with a value to sell on the Open Market. Command economies just simply do not work. Too, there is a finite amount of money that the government can get to redistribute. After the tax bite gets so hard, the more you tax to generate revenue the smaller will get the overall GDP that you are taking money out of. I know that I pay more in taxes than any other single bill I have, including my house payment. Yet Barack Obama says I don’t pay my fair share. I am essentially a part-time slave to the government. Of course, the Democrats prefer full-time slaves.

25. 25 | September 13, 2013 9:17 am

Morning!

Raimondo is another reason I no longer identify as a “Libertarian”.

Raimondo is to Libertarianism what Ann Coulter, Rick Santorum and Steve King is to Conservatives. He’s a deranged freak who because he got some Japanese dick, thinks Imperial Japan was awesome.

26. Guggi
    26 | September 13, 2013 9:18 am

Dedicated to IF :-)

Yesterday I saw an interview with Putin from some months ago. It was about “soft power” and again he is teaching O. some lessons about “soft power”. While O.’s ability to “soft power” is waning

Obama’s ‘soft power’ policy in a world of hurt

Putin slap, al Qaeda resurgence show loss of focus in 2nd term

Putin counters with “soft power”. We all know already RT (Russian Today in Germany “Ruptly”) a news agency becoming more and more popular. RT is full funded by the Russian government via an “independent” agency. Putin ackowledges it and arguments that “we have to break the Anglo-American news monopole” but people don’t care because they are fed up with the MSM.
    Young educated and skilled (and postmodern “everything is relative”) employees love to work for RT because it is well funded and they are allowed to travel extensevly around the world. Some of them -- like the (female) senior news room officer Lizzie Phelan -- worked for Iran before and some come from advertising agencies who now call themselves “journalists”.

What was this about “soft power”, Mr. president ?

Russian Interior Ministry Dances Gangnem Style for graduates

27. 27 | September 13, 2013 9:19 am

rain of lead wrote:

a slapfight between two sissys

I hate them both so it was funny seeing 2 people I despise go at it. You know what would have been funny, if Raimondo used DOD as a source to go after Charles, while Charles used Blogmocracy to go after Raimondo. That would have been priceless.

28. 28 | September 13, 2013 9:20 am

@ Guggi:

Gangnam Style unites alot of people.

29. Guggi
    29 | September 13, 2013 9:21 am

Guggi wrote:

Dances Gangnem Style

Gangnam

30. 30 | September 13, 2013 9:21 am

2-1 against raising the debt ceiling.

31. rain of lead
    31 | September 13, 2013 9:22 am

@ Goldwaterite:
    damn, that would have been funny

32. 32 | September 13, 2013 9:23 am

@ rain of lead:

Oh, that is a hard one. The first Halloween was good, but I’ve not seen the re-makes. I don’t consider vampire movies to really be horror, but if they were the first Underworld was excellent. John Carpenter’s the Thing was really good. Other than that, I don’t know. Most of the horror I’ve seen hasn’t really stuck with me. Most of the time the movies are cookie-cutter copies of each other. I can’t honestly say when the last time I watched one was. My wife hates horror movies, so I’ve not been going to see them or rent them in quite some time.

33. 33 | September 13, 2013 9:23 am

@ rain of lead:

They are both pathetic individuals.

34. rain of lead
    34 | September 13, 2013 9:24 am

that is 66%
    what do the other 34% think?

“get off my lawn?”

35. rain of lead
    35 | September 13, 2013 9:28 am

true MOST horror movies are clones of each other but some come along
    that are unique
    night of the living dead…invented the zombie flick

the first saw movie omg that blew me away
    only the first ones though…once you start putting #’s after the name it’s over

36. 36 | September 13, 2013 9:32 am

Guggi wrote:

Some of them — like the (female) senior news room officer Lizzie Phelan — worked for Iran before and some come from advertising agencies who now call themselves “journalists”.

We’ve got that kind of thing going on over here, too. A lot of “journalists” have serious conflict of interest problems. A number of the alphabet soup networks’ leadership is married to or in some way connected to the Democrats and the Obama White House.

As for soft power, it has its place, but you’d better be able to back it up with hard power if it comes to that. That was Obama’s biggest mistake in the last three weeks. He thought he’d terrify the Syrians with what a bad ass he was, and when that didn’t happen he was looking for an exit. Putin gave him one, but it cost a very steep price. You can’t really refer to Obama as Leader of the Free World. More of Islamist lackey than leader. These next three and a half years are a long black hole. We can hopefully neuter Obama after this last debacle, though. While I generally believe that Obama is getting what he wants with his so-called missteps, I think in this case he really didn’t. He wanted us in a war with Syria, and it was only when it looked like he was going to lose a vote on authorization of force in the US Congress did he “See the Light”, and take Putin up on his offer. And you have to give kudos to Putin’s government for recognizing that there was a golden oppertunity to advance Russia’s goals here and act quickly on it. If they’d waited a week to digest John Kerry’s flippant comment, it would have likely been too late tfor the Russians to do anything about it.

37. rain of lead
    37 | September 13, 2013 9:37 am

Senate Panel Oks Measure Defining a Journalist

The protections would apply to “covered journalist,” defined as an employee, independent contractor or agent of an entity that disseminates news or information. The individual would have to have been employed for one year within the last 20 or three months within the last five years.

you bloggers… yeah, fuck you

38. 38 | September 13, 2013 9:38 am

@ rain of lead:

I liked Aliens, too, but it was more of an action movie than a horror flick, but yeah, you are right. Once they start putting numbers on the names it generally goes downhill. Slasher flicks usually bother me because One victim with a gun can end a slasher’s career (except maybe for the undead slasher re. Friday the Thirteenth). Hollywood doesn’t do real supernatural horror in the Lovecraftian mold very often, and when they do it it usually doesn’t pull it off. But the horror flicks bring in the money compared to the budget they have to spend to get one done.

39. 39 | September 13, 2013 9:39 am

Here’s the latest one.

Richard Stengel leaving Time for State Department

40. 40 | September 13, 2013 9:40 am

@ rain of lead:

That won’t withstand Supreme Court scrutiny, I don’t believe. It is just one step before requiring “Journalists” have a government permit to do their work. That just (probably) won[t fly. It should be instructive, though, to see who votes for this. A vote for this, like a vote for gun control, is a vote against the civil rights of all Americans.

41. 41 | September 13, 2013 9:43 am

Hey! Asshat steals once again -- I’ve been using that “Seven Days in May” comparison since 2009!

42. rain of lead
    42 | September 13, 2013 9:44 am

alien was one of the greatest monster movies ever made
    very hitchkockian(?) in the you barely see it until the very end
    and sigorny weavers boobehs

43. 43 | September 13, 2013 9:45 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

Hey! Asshat steals once again — I’ve been using that “Seven Days in May” comparison since 2009!

This is really a battle of 2 idiots. Raimondo vs. Charles. They are both such scum that I saw this and was like hey this is al-Qaeda vs. Hezbollah!

44. 44 | September 13, 2013 9:45 am

@ Goldwaterite:

Yeah, the relationship between the MFM and the Obama Administration is virtually incestuous. These “reporters” are just Democrat operatives with a by-line. The public should not trust a thing they say. And they control the narrative to a large degree. We need to stop that, and we are making some headway. People like Brietbart are making a difference. We’d never hear a lot of these issues without the rise of alternative media. And I’d ay that the alternative media is at least as reliable as the MFM. Generally they are more reliable, but you do have to consider the source’s biases when evaluating the reports. But you have to do that with “journalistsa” who work for the Washington Post and New York Times, too.

45. rain of lead
    45 | September 13, 2013 9:45 am

out y’all
    Friday at work
    might pop in at lunch

Hey CG

46. 46 | September 13, 2013 9:49 am

I don’t trust anything I read in the MSM or alternative media. I do my own research.

47 | September 13, 2013 9:51 am

Good morning. The Chicago Tribune is reporting that the Free Syrian Army & Al Qaeda are fighting each other, when not fighting Assad.
    It seems without exception al Qaeda wins those fire fights. So the arms that we supplied to the FSA get recovered by al Qaeda. Brilliant!/

48. 48 | September 13, 2013 9:51 am

@ Goldwaterite:

Fatass’s absurd Twitter feed yesterday, including whining that Glenn Greenwald was ignoring him, shows him to be a pathetic attention whore who’s flailing madly in a vain attempt to become relevant once again.

Ain’t gonna happen, Snivelpuss. You have a better chance at being asked to join Steely Dan’s touring band.

49. Guggi
    49 | September 13, 2013 9:53 am

He didn’t get (what ever it was) what he wanted in Libya either. Why ever the US-ambassador to Libya, another US-Diplomat and two ex-Navy Seals had to die the result is that the US-influence in Libya has been literally removed from the country and we still don’t know in which hands the 20,000 Surface-to-Air Missiles are.

Not even Carter was such a foreign policy disaster as O. Did you notice that everybody -- from Russia to China to India to Brazil -- ignores him or counters him ? They don’t care about what color his skin has they treat him like a child and don’t take him serious. When China arrived at the G20 summit the first comment they mad was “we join Russia in the Syria question” and India and Brazil showed him the finger and it wasn’t helpful that Kerry jumped about like a clown.

50. 50 | September 13, 2013 9:54 am

It’s the ISIS faction of al-Qaeda the FSA is fighting. Nusra has remained neutral but I am reading they tend to side with the FSA because they are more Syrian Islamic Nationalists as opposed to ISIS which is Global Jihad. If Nusra turns on ISIS, they would wipe the floor with them.

51. 51 | September 13, 2013 9:55 am

Everyone over there is arguing how to sing The Muslim National Anthem™…..

52. 52 | September 13, 2013 9:55 am

@ Carolina Girl:

I laughed when he tried to get deep by asking what would happen if his internet never returned. Personally, I think he would kill himself. He needs to attention.

53. 53 | September 13, 2013 9:58 am

You know what is funny, both Charles and Raimondo use 10 year old pictures of themselves in their twitter handle.

54. 54 | September 13, 2013 9:59 am

@ Goldwaterite:

Most likely because they’re both corpulent nowadays? :cool:

55 | September 13, 2013 10:00 am

@ Goldwaterite:
    The thing is that the loyalties of the opposition in Syria is conflicted.
    Obama should quit gun running to the rebels.
    We supported the rebels in Afghanistan, which led to the rise of the Taliban & safe haven for al Qaeda.

56. 56 | September 13, 2013 10:01 am

@ Macker:

I’ve seen recent pics of Raimondo, he still looks similar but with White hair. Charles there have been no known photos of him in 3 1/2 years.

57 | September 13, 2013 10:01 am

Macker wrote:

Everyone over there is arguing how to sing The Muslim National Anthem™…..

That’s a fact. We should just stay out of it.

58. 58 | September 13, 2013 10:02 am

We should have nothing to do with this. If Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey want to support these guys, let them. This is not our beef. I just will never understand why the Obama Regime or the GOP can’t just say this is not our problem.

59. 59 | September 13, 2013 10:02 am

I thinkk there is no real doubt that the Obama Administration was facilitating the shipment of Libyan surface to air missiles to al Qaeda in Syria. That is the most logical reason for Stevens to be where he was, and explains why our “security” at the compound was mostly al Qaeda or al Qaeda affiliates. It also explains Obama desperate need to cover Benghazi up. If the American people got the word that Obama was supplying SAMs to al Qaeda terrorists, there would be hell to pay.

60. Guggi
    60 | September 13, 2013 10:04 am

McCain lecturing CJCS Gen. Dempsey about the war in Syria

disgusting

61 | September 13, 2013 10:04 am

Goldwaterite wrote:

Yup, we should just observe this. We have no dog in this fight & Obama would no doubt just make things worse.

62 | September 13, 2013 10:05 am

@ Carolina Girl:
    Are you referring to Charles Johnson? Didn’t he used to have a blog or something?
    No , wait! He is the Cheetos spokesman, right?

63 | September 13, 2013 10:06 am

Speranza wrote:

One’s a true racist/fascist and the other is a left-wing poseur.

64 | September 13, 2013 10:07 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Goldwaterite:

He really has become addicted to the twitter wars.

65 | September 13, 2013 10:08 am

@ Guggi:
    My loathing for John McCain is starting to exceed my loathing for Barack Obama.

66. 66 | September 13, 2013 10:09 am

See my #53.

67. 67 | September 13, 2013 10:11 am

@ Speranza:

Did you see how Charles got nasty with one of his followers for pointing out his obsession with Greenwald.

68. 68 | September 13, 2013 10:11 am

I do love watching Nusra videos of dead Hezzies!

69. 69 | September 13, 2013 10:12 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Personally, I think it would be a week before anyone would even notice he’s not around on Twitter. Loved the snide comments by one of his “followers” that he needed to stop tweeting the same thing over and over again. So what does Fatass do? Insults the follower.

70. 70 | September 13, 2013 10:12 am

@ Guggi:

McCain needs to be in a mental home.

71. 71 | September 13, 2013 10:12 am

GMTA.

72. 72 | September 13, 2013 10:12 am

Hey, Goldwaterite, please make a guest post out of this…

55 MILES LONG, 4 LANES WIDE, NO WONDER THE NEWS IS SILENT ON THIS REVOLUTION!!

73 | September 13, 2013 10:13 am

McCain is such a bully. I am not a General Dempsey fan but McCain is so disrespectful, however if it were Hillary Clinton, Samantha Power, John Kerry, or Huma Abedin testifying he (McCain) would be on his knees.

74 | September 13, 2013 10:15 am

Goldwaterite wrote:

I do love watching Nusra videos of dead Hezzies!

Yeah, that’s not all bad.

75 | September 13, 2013 10:17 am

Goldwaterite wrote:

I do love watching Nusra videos of dead Hezzies!

It makes my day. It is disappointing that over at Weasel Zippers, Drew cannot see that the longer this war goes on the better it is. Dead Hezzies, dead Syrian soldiers, dead Iranians, dead jihadis -- who can ask for any thing more?

76. 76 | September 13, 2013 10:17 am

I recommend “Event Horizon”. It appears to be a sci-fi movie at first but the story is pure Lovecraft. I watched it once…just once, and I have never been able to get past them arriving on the lost ship.

77. 77 | September 13, 2013 10:17 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Charles really got nasty with Joe Piazza. That really showed his lack of character. This is a man disconnected from reality.

78. 78 | September 13, 2013 10:18 am

Will do!

79. 79 | September 13, 2013 10:19 am

@ Speranza:

I was stunned at the amount of Pro-Assad propaganda. That place really jumped the shark.

80 | September 13, 2013 10:19 am

@ Speranza:

Yes I did. As I have told you many times in private I am convinced the fat man has had a breakdown.

81. 81 | September 13, 2013 10:22 am

@ Speranza:

When I interviewed RS McCain, he agreed with your analysis about Charles. He clearly is not in reality and should be in a mental institute.

82 | September 13, 2013 10:22 am

@ Speranza:

The more they kill each other over there the better off America, Israel, and Jordan are. I mostly lurk at WZ anyway.

83. Guggi
    83 | September 13, 2013 10:24 am

Seems that CJCS Gen. Demmpsey and the majority of the JCS have been the only sane participant in the Syria debacle.

84. 84 | September 13, 2013 10:25 am

@ Speranza:

I just looked because you told me and was just aghast. People praying for the Syrian Army? The same army that massacred Lebanese Christians and killed hundreds of Israelis in the 73 Yom Kippur War and supported PLO terror. The same Army that provided anti-tank weapons to Hezbollah. I just was stunned. I rarely go over and was just shocked at what I was reading.

85 | September 13, 2013 10:27 am

Goldwaterite wrote:

I just looked because you told me and was just aghast. People praying for the Syrian Army? The same army that massacred Lebanese Christians and killed hundreds of Israelis in the 73 Yom Kippur War and supporting PLO terror. The same Army that provided anti-tank weapons to Hezbollah. I just was stunned. I rarely go over and was just shocked at what I was reading.

Weird. The Baathist Party of Syria are murderers.

86. 86 | September 13, 2013 10:29 am

@ Speranza:

I hate Obama, but not enough to support Assad.

87 | September 13, 2013 10:32 am

McCain is saying the same thing. Obama probably has the authority to d o it, but if you are in the legislative branch, don’t you have more respect for the legislative branch?

88 | September 13, 2013 10:39 am

@ Speranza:
    I hate Obama, but not enough to support Assad.

I hate all the people fighting in Syria starting with Hafez Assad’s moronic son.

89. 89 | September 13, 2013 10:42 am

Obama probably has the authority to d o it,

Not according to the United States Constitution he doesn’t. According to the United States Constitution he can order attacks… But only when, they are retaliatory or indisputable American National Security interests are involved. Beyond those two limited exceptions, the United States Constitution is unequivocally crystal clear, Declarations of War must come out of Congress. Previous Presidential Administrations abused those two constitutional exceptions to the point that Congress passed the “War Powers Act” to reign in such future abuses.

90. 90 | September 13, 2013 10:42 am

Obama is the god-king, how dare you question him you RAAAAACIST (Heretic).
    /////

91. 91 | September 13, 2013 10:43 am

Your guest post will run at 12 PM EST.

92 | September 13, 2013 10:43 am

He is a self proclaimed libertarian when in reality he is an anarcho-capitalist.

93. 93 | September 13, 2013 10:44 am

@ Speranza:

I really wish this Theocratic-Socialist would go away.

Rick Santorum offers help in Alabama race

94. 94 | September 13, 2013 10:44 am

Goldwaterite wrote:

Your guest post will run at 12 PM EST.

95 | September 13, 2013 10:45 am

I don’t think that Obama has ever bothered himself with the Costitution.
    he sees it as an trrelevant document passed by old bead honkys.

96 | September 13, 2013 10:46 am

Goldwaterite wrote:

Obama is the god-king, how dare you question him you RAAAAACIST (Heretic).
    /////

I just need some reeducation.

97 | September 13, 2013 10:47 am

@ Speranza:
    I really wish this Theocratic-Socialist would go away.

Rick Santorum offers help in Alabama race

Someone punch that asshole in his sanctimonious face.

98. 98 | September 13, 2013 10:53 am

@ Speranza:

His big mouth gave Dems ammo on the War on Women crap.

99. 99 | September 13, 2013 10:56 am

@ PaladinPhil:

Oh, yeah, I’d forgotten about that one. I think I actually have that in my movies collection. Great flick.

100. 100 | September 13, 2013 10:56 am

And…speaking of posts. I am about to leave to go camping and realized I did not get my Sunday NFL post in. I should have an opportunity to do it on Saturday, but if I don’t -- can someone put something up?

101. Guggi
    101 | September 13, 2013 10:59 am

Speranza wrote:

@ Guggi:
    My loathing for John McCain is starting to exceed my loathing for Barack Obama.

agreed

102. 102 | September 13, 2013 11:03 am

@ Speranza:

Obama is the Enemy, but we know that abut him. McCain is supposed to be on our side. When Obama fucks the country, that is just him doing his thing. When it is McCain, it is a betrayal. McCain is worse for us than a Democrat would be in his position, because he makes purly partisan Democrat attacks “bi-partisan” with his support. By ideology McCain is a moderate Democrat. He just runs as a Republican becaus that is what wins in Arizona.

103. 103 | September 13, 2013 11:03 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Sure, put it in pending and we will schedule it.

104. 104 | September 13, 2013 11:06 am

I hate to say this, but McCain is what the Republican traditionally has been Don’t forget besides “the base” and Libertarians, you also have the Establishment. McCain is part of the latter group and historically that has been the GOP. The last Republican President was part of the Establishment. The only outliers was Reagan who was straddled the Base/Libertarian divide and Calvin Coolidge who was in the Libertarian camp.

Teddy Roosevelt, Taft, Harding, Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford and the Bushes would recognize McCain as one of their own.

105 | September 13, 2013 11:08 am

They found each other at last!

106. 106 | September 13, 2013 11:10 am

Speranza wrote:

@ Guggi:
    My loathing for John McCain is starting to exceed my loathing for Barack Obama.

I work with a Vietnamese former Colonel in the Vietnamese Army Airborne Ranger”, who like McCain was a POW for 3 years. His personal opinion of McCain is, that McCain just isn’t right in the head, he thinks the Vietcong brainwashed McCain. I think he is right.

107. 107 | September 13, 2013 11:10 am

I can’t forget it. On those dark nights when the shadows grow long, my sleep is interrupted by things that move in shadows. John Carpenters: “The Thing” is on the same level. I also read the original short story it’s based upon as well. Very creepy.

108. 108 | September 13, 2013 11:10 am

@ waldensianspirit:

This was the funniest showdown I have seen on twitter.

109. 109 | September 13, 2013 11:11 am

He thinks the Vietcong brainwashed McCain. I think he is right.

I agree with that assessment.

110. 110 | September 13, 2013 11:12 am

@ Goldwaterite:

Maybe yes, maybe no, but McCain isn’t what the majority of Republican voters support. He really only squeeked through the Primaries and at one point was written off as dead. McCain is the Country Club Republican. I agree with you there. He has little in common with the majority of Republican voters, and even little enough in common with W. Remember he was the “Macverick” because he generally votes with the Democrats. He is also the kind of man that moderate Democrats, people like Phil Bredesen, would like. Indeed, that was supposed to be his big selling point for 2008. It didn’t work out very well for him, because the “moderate” Democrats are moderate in name only. All Democrats are radically Left. It is just that some Democrats are less radically Left than Obama.

111. 111 | September 13, 2013 11:19 am

Keep in mind Republican voters are not monolithic. If the base was so powerful Huckabee would have been the 2008 nominee and Santorum or Bachmann would have been the 2012 nominee. Whether we like it or not, there are Republican voters who like McCain.

112. 112 | September 13, 2013 11:21 am

He won the last primary but out and out LYING to the people of Arizona, painting himself as a conservative and distancing himself from his previous stance on amnesty, implying that he’d done a 180 from the amnesty for all BS he was spouting in 2008. Then the minute he won the nomination, he stayed on the “conservative” wave length until the election. Then he went right back to the being the asshole we’ve always known.

113. 113 | September 13, 2013 11:23 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Then he went right back to the being the asshole we’ve always known.

That’s how I view McCain, as an asshole, not a RINO.

114. 114 | September 13, 2013 11:24 am

@ Goldwaterite:

I understand that this is going to be his last term. If so, asshole is going for broke, apparently. Hopefully when he retires, we’ll be done with his daughter, Brainless McBoobs. She’s trying to position herself as a successor, but NO ONE is buying it.

115. 115 | September 13, 2013 11:26 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Never underestimate the gullibility of voters. You may see through her, but she will start spewing Red Meat rhetoric which could be enough to win. I doubt it, but you never know!

116 | September 13, 2013 11:28 am

Goldwaterite wrote:

Quite concur. What makes McCain different from traditional Republicans though is his penchant for back stabbing and undercutting other Republicans.

117 | September 13, 2013 11:31 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Goldwaterite:

She (Meghan McCain) is singularly irritating.

118. 118 | September 13, 2013 11:33 am

@ Speranza:

McCain and Christie are actually the real Republicans. It’s just they are backstabbing jerks. Being a Backstabber does not make on a RINO.

119. 119 | September 13, 2013 11:36 am

@ Speranza:

I would laugh seeing her spew Red Meat Rhetoric. The sad part is could work. Heck the last 21 years of GOP electoral history shows that it works. These Moderate types in the primaries turn into some hardcore Fire Breathers only to ditch it after the primary and do nothing about what they railed against if they get in office.

I really wish more Republican voters would wake up to this con game.

120 | September 13, 2013 11:39 am

Goldwaterite wrote:

He thinks the Vietcong brainwashed McCain. I think he is right.

I agree with that assessment.

McCain spent 51/2 years in captivity with the North Vietnamese being abused.
    Anything is possible. He exhibited Stockholm syndrome when he & Kerry went there on a trade mission.

121. 121 | September 13, 2013 11:43 am

I think he is not mentally balanced.

122 | September 13, 2013 11:45 am

For you Goldwaterite:
    Why Assad is no bulwark against al Qaeda

123 | September 13, 2013 11:46 am

How long before we have a National Trayvon Day of Public Service?

124 | September 13, 2013 11:47 am

Goldwaterite wrote:

I think he is not mentally balanced.

I think that’s probably true.

125. 125 | September 13, 2013 11:48 am

@ Speranza:

The Conservative fanboys of Assad should read that.

126. 126 | September 13, 2013 11:49 am

I would not be shocked if the UN passes a Trayvon Martin memorial.

127. 127 | September 13, 2013 11:50 am

@ Goldwaterite:
    She won’t win if she runs. She’s got too much baggage. She’s been out on the Left with a lot of her positions. She can’t make that go away, and if she tries to walk it back she just seem indecisive. Her father was a legitimate war hero, and that gave him cred she just won’t have. No one would pay her any attention at all if she weren’t McCain’s daughter. There’s nothing compelling about her.

128. 128 | September 13, 2013 11:51 am

There’s nothing compelling about her.

Her chest!

129 | September 13, 2013 11:52 am

@ Speranza:
    The Conservative fanboys of Assad should read that.

Bashar Assad is a bad character. That’s all I am going to say. His father slaughtered 20,000 Syrians in 1982 in the city of Hama.

130. 130 | September 13, 2013 11:55 am

@ Speranza:

The Syrian army desecrated with the help of the PLO and Amal and later Hezbollah, Maronite churches.

131 | September 13, 2013 11:55 am

@ rain of lead:

The purpose of that bill isn’t to define what a journalist is. It’s a media shield law. Most bills have a section at the beginning that defines what certain terms mean (or they refer to some other law that already defines them).

I doubt that the Supreme Court would have an issue with this proposal, because it’s not taking anything away from anyone. It’s granting a limited immunity to some people that they currently don’t have.

Personally, I’m not a big fan of media shield laws, because they perpetuate the idea that journalists have some special rights under the Constitution, which they don’t. They have the same right to free speech as the rest of us. They should also have to suffer the same consequences as the rest of us for abusing those rights.

132. 132 | September 13, 2013 11:56 am

It’s just to create another Progressive protected class with special rights.

133. 133 | September 13, 2013 11:57 am

@ Speranza:
    There are no goodguys in the Syrrian Civil War. There simply aren’t. That’s not rason to necessarily back Assad, but it means we should stay out of it. There’s nothing in Syria worth one American life. It isn’t even a close call. That’s why Obama was working covertly to arm them in Benghazi. Look at how that turned it. Helping al Qaeda in Syria has already bitten us in the ass. There’s no reason to do more damage to the US.

134 | September 13, 2013 11:59 am

O’Reilly had her on last night to promote her new cable show. They showed a promo for it, that included a picture of her father.

If you have to show your father’s picture in a promo for your show, you probably shouldn’t have a show in the first place.

135 | September 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Wow…CDOT just shut down I-25 from the northern Denver suburbs all the way to the Wyoming state line due to flooding.

136. 136 | September 13, 2013 12:03 pm

I don’t like the moves we’ve seen in the last 40 years or so to turn congressional seats into de facti hereditary nobility. You see it on both sides of the aisle. America doesn’t need nobility.

137 | September 13, 2013 12:04 pm

We really need term limits.

138 | September 13, 2013 12:06 pm

Goldwaterite wrote:

I would not be shocked if the UN passes a Trayvon Martin memorial.

It would not be shocking & International Hoodie Day.

139 | September 13, 2013 12:41 pm

It would not be shocking & International Hoodie Day.

And a flea infested bearded immam from around the world coming to check that you are sharia tolerant

140. Guggi
    140 | September 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Speranza wrote:

His father slaughtered 20,000 Syrians in 1982 in the city of Homs.

Hama

141 | September 13, 2013 1:08 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

It would not be shocking & International Hoodie Day.

Celebrate diversity! Well, until they have is all under control.

142 | September 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Guggi wrote:

Speranza wrote:

His father slaughtered 20,000 Syrians in 1982 in the city of Homs.

Hama

Yes I meant Hama. Thanks.

143. Guggi
    143 | September 13, 2013 3:40 pm

Speranza wrote:

Qaeda

From your link:

Rep. Cotton fought against jihadists in Iran and Afghanistan.

Shouldn’t this read “Iraq” instaed of “Iran” ?