First time visitor? Learn more.

Dick Cheney has another gun incident

by Rodan ( 83 Comments › )
Filed under Humor, Republican Party, Second Amendment at September 24th, 2013 - 7:00 am

Dick Cheney accidentally shot someone when hunting back a few years ago. Now in a new incident, Dick Cheney’s gun malfunctioned during antelope hunting.

Former Vice President Dick Cheney’s gun malfunctioned before he could get a shot off at an antelope hunting contest in Wyoming on Sunday, according to a local ABC News affiliate.

“The Vice President is an excellent shot,” the captain of Cheney’s hunting team said. “He had a gun malfunction. But I think he is so excited and enjoyed this so much. He’ll be back next year.”

Cheney blamed “a small problem with the manufacturer.”

Dick Cheney should stay away from hunting!

Tags: ,

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

83 Responses to “Dick Cheney has another gun incident”
( jump to bottom )

  1. 1 | September 24, 2013 7:50 am

    Accidents happen with guns, just as they happen with anything else. People don’t talk about banning cars because X thousand people die in accidents with cars every year. An accident with agun is no different than an accident with a car, except accidents with guns are much more rare. There are about 1000 fatal gun accidents in any given year.


  2. rain of lead
    2 | September 24, 2013 8:02 am

    morning IF
    hey,have the trees started changing color yet out your way
    what are the reports for fall color this year?

    got some vaca time coming up and am trying to make plans on what to do


  3. 3 | September 24, 2013 8:05 am

    @ rain of lead:

    Trees haven’t started changing much yet, but they should start soon. I’ve not seen any reports on what they are expecting this season to be like. It’s been a wet, unseasonably cool summer, for what that’s worth. I’m wanting to take a trip up the Dragon this fall, but I don’t know when we are going to get to do that.


  4. rain of lead
    4 | September 24, 2013 8:11 am

    @ Iron Fist:

    IIRC wet and cool should be very good for the color this year
    I hope


  5. 5 | September 24, 2013 8:15 am

    If there are MOderate Muslims CAIR will shut them up:

    The Council on American Islamic Relations repeatedly tried to stop a Minnesota community leader from warning about the dangers al-Qaida-linked group posed to the Somali-American community prior to the Kenyan mall massacre.

    “I tried to warn America,” Abdirizak Bihi, a Minnesota-based Somali community leader, explained to The Daily Caller.

    Minnesota residents were reportedly among the attackers in the grisly assault by al-Shabaab terrorists on the Westgate mall in Nairobi, Kenya. The Twin Cities are home to the largest Somali community in the United States.

    I don’t agree with Bob Beckel on much of anything, but he is taking the hardest line I’ve seen drawn on “moderate” Muslims. HE’s called for ending all Muslims immigration into the United States, and basically said that if the moderate Muslmims exist anywhere in the world they’d better start speaking up. It is a real surprise, considering the Source. Nothing Rodan or I haven’t said in the past, but, again, considering the source, it is somewhat encouraging.


  6. rain of lead
  7. 7 | September 24, 2013 8:18 am

    @ rain of lead:

    Me too. If you get out this way for it, let me recommend the Cherohalla Skyway. It is miles and miles of road on the top of a mountain. It is absolutely georgous. There’s not much of anything else out there, though, so I advise filling up the tank and getting food before you actually start the trek. I like going up Cherohalla and down the Dragon at the end. It is a 5-6 hour trip, though from Knoxville. You can add about 2 1/2 hours to get there from where you are, so it would be quite the trip, but it is the best scenery in the mountains.


  8. 8 | September 24, 2013 8:23 am

    @ Iron Fist:

    Website for Cherohalla. It was a pork boondoggle, really. There isn’t the trafficv t merit a connection from Tellico to Robinsville, but it is a beautiful boondoggle. That’s its only real purpose.


  9. 9 | September 24, 2013 8:27 am

    Of course, the left will go apeshit.


  10. rain of lead
    10 | September 24, 2013 8:31 am

    @ Iron Fist:

    Damn, that looks awesome, great tip, I have never heard of that
    just went on my list of things to do


  11. 11 | September 24, 2013 8:31 am

    Skyline Drive in VA.

    What kind of gun was Cheney using, and what went wrong with it? Antelope hunting makes me assume it was a bolt action, and they don’t malfuction very often. Broken firing pin? Trigger mechanism malfunction? Inquiring minds want to know…


  12. 12 | September 24, 2013 8:31 am

    A good piece on gun control from VDH. I am glad to see him coming yout against this nonesense. I consider VDH to be the foremost exponent of Conservative thought in America today, but I have to admit I was a little concerned where he would fall on this issue. Charles Krauthammer, after all, is pretty pro-gun control unless he has switched his position lately. VDH has all the makings of an elitist. He is supremely well educated, in the academic field, and getnerally right in line with areas of the country that are expremely pro-Left, but he, himself, is not that way. I never get the feeling that I am being talked down to by VDH (something I can’t say about Krauthammer).


  13. 13 | September 24, 2013 8:35 am

    @ Mike C.:

    Could have been something with the scope, and not the rifle per se. Remember that happened to Palin on her Caribou hunt. I agree that it would be unusul for a bolt action to fail. It is a pretty hardy platform, and has been for over 100 years.


  14. Guggi
    14 | September 24, 2013 8:58 am

    my litlle rant is really OT but otherwise I would ex-or implode :-)

    Although the environmentalism started as a postmodern (more or less leftwing) movement and is today entirely occupied by Democrats it were two GOP presidents who were obesessed with the DDT ban and with overpopulation: Nixon and Ford

    There is also no coincidence that 1970 marked the year Nixon created the EPA and gave it regulatory control of pesticides. Until then, the USDA regulated DDT and had determined there were no adequate substitutes for agricultural use of the powder. However, as J.R. Kramer reported in Science magazine in 1969, Nixon’s political agenda included a pledge to ban most uses of DDT. The president fulfilled that promise two years later in EPA’s first major ruling.

    Also in 1970, Nixon launched the Commission on Population Growth and the American Future, chaired by John D. Rockefeller, III. The commission’s findings stressed the grave threat of overpopulation to U.S. security and the environment. Again in 1974, the president directed then-National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger to undertake a study similar to that of the Rockefeller commission. Under the innocuous title “National Security Study Memorandum 200” (NSSM 200), Kissinger reported a “major risk of severe damage” to global economic, political, and ecological systems. NSSM 200 alleged that world population growth is “a current danger of the highest magnitude calling for urgent measures”:

    It is of the utmost urgency that governments now recognize the facts and implications of population growth, determine the ultimate population sizes that make sense for their countries and start vigorous programs at once to achieve their desired goals.

    By the time these findings were published, Gerald Ford was in the White House. He strongly endorsed NSSM 200 in 1975, calling on the United States to lead the world in combating population growth and authorizing the National Security Council to adopt NSSM 200 as its official population control policy.


  15. 15 | September 24, 2013 9:07 am

    @ Guggi:

    Does not shock me at all.


  16. 16 | September 24, 2013 9:07 am

    @ Guggi:

    Nixon was a bad President. He was supposed to be a conservative, but he ushered in the Nanny State every bit as much as did LBJ. The DDT ban is especially odious. Roughly 1 million people die every year because of the DDT ban, and a large percentage of the dead are children. But no one would be willing to revisit the DDT ban, because it would be portrayed as “anti-environment”. Now, the reality is that some governments are anti-environment. The government of China and the former Soviet Union come immediately to mind. What marks the Environmental Left as postmodern is their ability to overlook major catastrophes From the Soviets and Chinese while simultaneously bashing Americafor not being perfect according to them. The postmodernists play games about sayin g”every culture is equal”, but they don’t consider the whte Christian societies to be “equal’ of the lowest cannibal barbarian tribes. The cannibals, OTOH, are to be cherished. We see this going on in spades with Imperial Islam.


  17. 17 | September 24, 2013 9:15 am

    @ Iron Fist:

    Would you agree with the following: “Every culture is different“? Or is there post-modernism in this too?


  18. 18 | September 24, 2013 9:16 am

    This is the kind of thing I worry about. While we avoid eventhe pretense of profiling terrorists, people like this would slide by any profile we made anyway:

    Samantha Lewthwaite was an average girl who was “empty in confidence”, a councillor who knew her has said.

    Born in Banbridge, Co Down where her grandmother still lives, Ms Lewthwaite has been dubbed the “White Widow”.

    She converted to Islam at the age of 15 and married Jermaine Lindsay in 2002 before he killed 26 people when he blew himself up in the July 7th terrorist attacks in London in 2005.

    She lived in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, for a time.

    The mother of three is known to be in east Africa and is wanted by Kenyan police over alleged links to a terrorist cell that planned to bomb the country’s coast.

    A white woman not wearing a veil would pass through any security that we put up with profiling without any problems. She is almost the perfect Muslim terrorist. I don’t kno wwhat to do about such people. If I were running al Qaeda, though, recruiting people like this would be my number two priority, just after staying ahead of the law myself.


  19. Prebanned
    19 | September 24, 2013 9:17 am

    @ Iron Fist:
    Check zero before the hunt. I don’t use new guns or scopes for anything but target practice, I will shoot one a bunch before taking it on something important. It could have also been a problem with ammo I guess. some guns can get crud in and around the firing pin causing a light strike, especially if they sit in a gun safe for years and the oil gets sticky.


  20. 20 | September 24, 2013 9:26 am

    @ Macker:

    No, I think I can agree that every culture is different. This seems self-evident. But some cultures are superior to others. Part of how you decide that, though, depends on your criteria for judging the society. As Americans, we tend to judge the society that produces the most prosperity for the most of its citizens as superior. Based on that criteria, America is without equal in the world. Also, we value freedom, and we are still among the most free of nations. But most of the world doesn’t value freedom or prosperity the way we do. From the Left, they value equality more than either, and thus consider societies like the former Soviet Union to be superior because more of the people were equal, even though that equality was one of shared misery.

    I think you have to set parameters, though, and judge a society based on them. Otherwise, you have incomprehensible data. Ar eMohammedan societies where slavery is still allowed equal to the United States? I’d say hardly. The Left likes to hold up our ideals as a mirror, and then when we fall short of them say that we are “just as bad” as the slavers, all the while pummelling us for having allowed slavery in the first place and completely ignoring the grievous price we paid to be rid of it. The Left use “equality” as a bludgeon to destroy Western Civilization. The postmodernists actually do judge societies as better and worse, it is just that they define “worst” as producing the most prosperity for the most people and having the greatest degree of freedom. The posmodernists want equality of misery (for the masses; they, of course, should live the lives of the Elite) and are distinctly anti-freedom.


  21. 21 | September 24, 2013 9:31 am

    @ Prebanned:

    Yeah, that is true. I don’t know if Cheney would have checked the zero on the weapon or not. I know I never did when I used to hunt, but that was when I was a kid. I haven’t been hunting in over 25 years, and I was never very good at it.


  22. Guggi
    22 | September 24, 2013 9:35 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    The cannibals, OTOH, are to be cherished. We see this going on in spades with Imperial Islam.

    Since our Western culturre is soooo bad “the other” culture must be good. That simple.


  23. emile41
    23 | September 24, 2013 9:42 am

    @ rain of lead:
    Here in Southwestern Ohio they are definitely turning.


  24. 24 | September 24, 2013 9:43 am

    Guggi wrote:

    Since our Western culturre is soooo bad “the other” culture must be good. That simple.

    That seems to be their criteria. But I have to wonder really why our culture is deemed so “bad”? It seems to me to simply be a prejudice of the Left. Western Culture == Bad is a tautology to the Left. They don’t need to define it. It simply is. That’s how they can attack the West for “homophobia” because we don’t let queers get married, while at the same time embracing Islam where gays are executed for being gay.


  25. Guggi
    25 | September 24, 2013 9:52 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    Roughly 1 million people die every year because of the DDT ban, and a large percentage of the dead are children.

    It was the intention to kill as many children as possible to prevent “overpopulation”.

    While Communists killed Million of peoples in the Gulags and the Nazis killed Million of Jews and Sinti and Roma in the concentration camps postmodernists are more “elegant” they prefere people dieing “naturally” like starving to death or because of malaria or other not treated epidemics.


  26. Prebanned
    26 | September 24, 2013 9:59 am

    @ Iron Fist:
    I think they are just anti freedom. They also don’t care about China building coal fired power plants to do our manufacturing for us. Even though China produces far more pollution than we would have doing our own manufacturing using coal power.
    They support government control, the government is the new aristocracy.


  27. 27 | September 24, 2013 10:01 am

    rain of lead wrote:

    if Dorian sees this
    a film about the 9/11 biker rally
    http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/09/24/the-praetorian-guard-dont-want-you-to-watch-this-or-even-know-about-when-it-happened/

    Clearly I will have do a update on my story and include that video in it… :twisted:

    “Please forgive me, we are not monsters.”


  28. 28 | September 24, 2013 10:03 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    That’s how they can attack the West for “homophobia” because we don’t let queers get married, while at the same time embracing Islam where gays are executed for being gay.

    Such is the true face of evil…


  29. Guggi
    29 | September 24, 2013 10:07 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    That seems to be their criteria. But I have to wonder really why our culture is deemed so “bad”? It seems to me to simply be a prejudice of the Left. Western Culture == Bad is a tautology to the Left. They don’t need to define it. It simply is.

    Western culture is a threat to “nature”. This “nature” is a phantazised romanticized and idealized nature that never existed packed into a quasi-religion. This goes back to the myth of the “Golden Age” of Hesiod and Ovid (before the Iron Age) and appeals to the “nobel savage”.


  30. 30 | September 24, 2013 10:07 am

    @ Guggi:

    The postmodernists perfer their genocide quiet. It is no idle fear that these people would put people like us into concentration camps or execute us. That is what they’ve done all over the world, from Stalinist USSR to Cambodia. I’ve never heard of the political causes of the Rwandan genocide. It is my understanding that it was a tribal conflict, rather than one of ideology or faith, but the press and the Administration conspired to hide the fact of the Rwandan Genocide from us. I don’t know if we’ve gotten the true story from that incident yet. Nevertheless, it is obvious that the postmodernists are comfortable with mass killings. Take abortion, which is essentially a Leftist sacrement. If the number of black babies that are killed by abortion every year in America were killed any other way, it would be called ano ongoing genocide. Instead, it fits with the Left’s goals of population reduction (especially among disfavored minorities), so nothing is said about it. The same people who got all upset that Tookie Williams was executed have no problem with hundreds of thousands of executions every year in the name of convenience.


  31. 31 | September 24, 2013 10:13 am

    @ Guggi:

    Yeah, and that Golden Age never existed. You see the same kind of romanticization over here with regards to American Indians. People act like everything was at peace before the advent of the White Man, but the real case is that America was awash in tribal warfare, and the native Americans weren’t exactly the “good stewards” of the land we are taught that they were, either. The way they hunted buffalo in the west was to stampede the herd and run them over a cliff. Not exactly the “taking of the weakest” that is romanticized about. Of course, nature herself is a real beast. Environuts get all hot a nd bothered about a lizard species going extinct in the Southwest, but the truth is that extinction is simply evolution in action. Without extinction, nothing would evolve. Being against extinction is a lot like being against gravity. You can rail against it all you like, but you aren’t going to win the fight. 99% of all species that have ever existed went extinct. This is a scientific fact. The Left like appeals to authority based loosely on “science”. Extinction is a scientific necessity.


  32. 32 | September 24, 2013 10:13 am

    Okay. I’m looking at the story. The gun malfunctioned, sure, but I’m not seeing that it resulted in injury, death, etc. Just that it malfunctioned. Maybe jammed?

    This is news why?


  33. 33 | September 24, 2013 10:17 am

    @ Carolina Girl:

    It’s something to smack Cheney with. That is all. Other than that it isn’t news. If this happened to anyone else nothing would be said about it.


  34. 34 | September 24, 2013 10:18 am

    @ Iron Fist:

    We’re too late to save the trilobites, but we’ll save the snail darter!

    @ Carolina Girl:

    Because it involves Dick Cheney.


  35. 35 | September 24, 2013 10:23 am

    @ Carolina Girl:

    I just did it as a humor thread.


  36. 36 | September 24, 2013 10:25 am

    @ Iron Fist:

    2 incidents in 7 years is just crazy odds. It is like being hit with lightninh twice.


  37. 37 | September 24, 2013 10:25 am

    @ Mike C.:

    Yeah, the snail darter was a big thing around here when I was a kid. Then they found them elsewhere and so they weren’t endangered anymore (I think; IIRC). It s really ridiculous. Are there species we should try to save? The scientific consensus would be against it. By manipulating the environment to favor outmoded species we are really standng in the path of evolution. I’d be as disappointed as anyone to see eagles die out, but they have to adapt or die. That is, really, the most important law of nature that there is.


  38. 38 | September 24, 2013 10:25 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    Being against extinction is a lot like being against gravity. You can rail against it all you like, but you aren’t going to win the fight. 99% of all species that have ever existed went extinct. This is a scientific fact. The Left like appeals to authority based loosely on “science”. Extinction is a scientific necessity.

    Their resistance to extinction is an unconscious projection of their fear that all that they have is unearned, and that they themselves are deserving of extinction. Having swallowed hook line and sinker the inevitable conclusion of a purely evolutionary model of creation, that everything must evolve to survive, they have also unconsciously accepted the premises that “Only the fittest survive” and they know without doubt that they are neither fit enough nor strong enough to survive without someone or something protecting them.

    Thus they manifest their fears through projection, ensuring the survival of that which cannot ensure it’s own survival as a symbolic justification for their own survival. While simultaneously condemning those who clearly are fit enough and strong enough to survive.


  39. RIX
    39 | September 24, 2013 10:27 am

    The Pope called Cardinals into his office.
    “I have a letter from Benjamin Netanyahu” It reads “Holiness, in order to make our faiths even closer, we shoul have a golf date.”
    The pope said “This is a gret idea, but I don’t golf.”
    An American Cardinal spoke up, “Holiness, I know Jack Nicholson. He is a devout Catholic . Why not make him a Cardinal & he can golf.” So they did.
    The day of the golf match, Nicholson showed up at the Vatican after the match
    He addressed the Pope, “Holiness, I have some good news & some bad news. The good news is , I shot the best round of my life. My drives were long & down the middle. I was on fire with my irons & putts.”
    The pope said, “Cardinal Nicholson, what is the bad news?”
    “Well Holiness, I lost by three strokes to Rabii Tiger Woods.”


  40. 40 | September 24, 2013 10:32 am

    @ Goldwaterite:

    Shit happens. On the first accident you can blame Cheney, because you should always know where your muzzle is pointed. But this is really a nothing incident. It isn’t even really a gun accident, just a malfunction. That isn’t that rare. I had a 9mm practically blow up in my hands twice earlier this year because I’d bought some bad ammo at a gun show. Shit happens.


  41. 41 | September 24, 2013 10:32 am

    @ Goldwaterite:

    @ Goldwaterite:

    Not really. I have a gun jam at least once when I go to the range. And it is rather amusing watching how petty the MSM is getting to be.


  42. Guggi
    42 | September 24, 2013 10:33 am

    @ Iron Fist:

    During the “Golden Age” 500 people were killed during a single Event by the “noble savages”


  43. 43 | September 24, 2013 10:36 am

    Speaking of railing against science:

    This is the height of the 11-year solar cycle, the so-called solar maximum. The face of the Sun should be pockmarked with sunspots, and cataclysmic explosions of X-rays and particles should be whizzing off every which way.

    Instead, the Sun has been tranquil, almost spotless.

    As W. Dean Pesnell, the project scientist for NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory, dryly noted, “We’re not having much of a solar maximum.”

    A week ago, a solitary sunspot blemished an otherwise blank yellow disk. In the ensuing days, a few more specks appeared, but even a small explosion, or coronal mass ejection, last Thursday seemed like the halfhearted effort of a slacker star.

    “The truth of it is there isn’t a lot going on,” said Joseph M. Kunches, a space scientist at the Space Weather Prediction Center. “It’s been a bit of a dud. You look at the Sun today and you say, ‘What?’ ”

    For those who depend on Dr. Kunches’s work, like satellite operators and power companies, that is actually good news. One of the worries in our highly technological 21st-century civilization is that a direct hit on Earth by a gargantuan solar storm could disable satellites and overwhelm wide swaths of power grids. A quiet Sun makes that much less likely.

    And no global warmening for 17 years. Could the two be related? Of course not! The climate is affected by bitg things, like SUVs. Small things like Solar weather patterns are too small to affect the climate… :roll:


  44. 44 | September 24, 2013 10:38 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ Goldwaterite:
    Shit happens. On the first accident you can blame Cheney, because you should always know where your muzzle is pointed. But this is really a nothing incident. It isn’t even really a gun accident, just a malfunction. That isn’t that rare. I had a 9mm practically blow up in my hands twice earlier this year because I’d bought some bad ammo at a gun show. Shit happens.

    Yea, we buy a lot of Wolf .223 because it’s cheap. It’s not uncommon at all for them to not fire and jam in the chamber. Hell, that’s why the M16/AR15 has a manual cartridge ejector built right into the upper receiver.


  45. 45 | September 24, 2013 10:41 am

    @ Guggi:

    Oh, these people even think that the Aztecs were “noble savages”. Human sacrifice is OK. What is not acceptable is any trace of Christianity. The Left are virulently anti-Christian. That seems to be the one thought process that ties all their very mismatched ideology together.


  46. 46 | September 24, 2013 10:41 am

    @ Carolina Girl:

    I have not have an incident luckily.


  47. 47 | September 24, 2013 10:45 am

    Iron Fist wrote:

    Small things like Solar weather patterns are too small to affect the climate… :roll:

    Yea… as if a self sustaining nuclear furnace 15.7 million degrees kelvin and 865,000 miles in diameter a mere 8 light minutes away from earth could possible affect temperatures here… :twisted:


  48. RIX
    48 | September 24, 2013 10:54 am

    @ Iron Fist:
    Global warming is big business with research grants & book & speaking royalties ,while fear mongering. The money involved is staggering.
    These people would create Global Warming to protect the franchise.
    Back in the day, Key West salvagers actually sank ships , so that they could salvage. The GW hustlers can admire that.


  49. 49 | September 24, 2013 10:57 am

    @ Goldwaterite:

    Good! Did you get to see the special on Lawrence Taylor?


  50. Guggi
    50 | September 24, 2013 10:59 am

    @ Iron Fist:

    Apparently they drive to many SUVs at the sun///// :-P


  51. 51 | September 24, 2013 10:59 am

    @ Carolina Girl:

    No I missed it.


  52. 52 | September 24, 2013 11:02 am

    @ Goldwaterite:

    I forget how much he changed the Defense of the Football Biz. Although (name drop alert!) I ran into George when we were both home visiting our respective parents and he said that LT was crushed when Theisman’s leg broke – near tears on the sideline after it happened. All I remember about that game was that they repeated that clip over and over and over again. I think I stopped watching the game.


  53. 53 | September 24, 2013 11:02 am

    @ RIX:

    Yeah, create a “crisis”, and then there is money to be made in handling the “crisis”. That appears to have been Global Warming from the start. They decided we had to have an environmental problem, then they spent a few years manufacturing the data to support their theory. Global Warming is a bigger hoax than the Piltdown Man. It is popular with the Left because it can be used to gin up fear, uncertainty, and doubt in the populace. The Global Warmists don’t have to really know what they are talking about, they just have to talk a little out of the competancey of the Publci School Educated masses, and that isn’t difficult to do. People trust these “experts” from the government, because we are taught to accept “expert” testimony from the government without question in public schools.


  54. 54 | September 24, 2013 11:08 am

    @ Guggi:

    Dinosaurs drove SUVs, too, because the climate was much warmer then. Had to be SUVs. I mean, really, what else would a brontosaurus drive? 8O

    What is astounding and depressing is how readily accepted the Global Warming Hoax was by our country, and the West in general. Kyoto was never anything but a naked attack on the American economy, yet Clinton signed it (while not even bringing it forward for ratification; not even Democrats wanted to ratify Kyoto). Global Warming has been revealed to be a hoax, yet the Obama Administration is still pushing destroying the economy in the name of a fake “disaster” that isn’t happening. Now that there hasn’t been significant warming for nearly two decades (a pause in the warming that none of the putatively scientific models predicted, nor can account for), they want to just ignore the science and procede as if their original prediction were true. How, exactly, is that any different from what the Church did to Gallileo?


  55. RIX
    55 | September 24, 2013 11:12 am

    @ Iron Fist:
    The Default position of the GW husltlers is always, ‘You just on’t get it. The debate is over.”
    If their assertions are so manifest, you would think that they would just prove it & quit manufacturing evidence.


  56. 56 | September 24, 2013 11:18 am

    @ RIX:

    It was never about AGW – it was about controlling the people. I seriously doubt that China, for instance, gives two craps what these global warming idiots think. They’ll continue to burn coal as long as they like. Meanwhile Prezdint Putz destroys an industry and drives up energy bills in the U.S.


  57. 57 | September 24, 2013 11:20 am

    @ Carolina Girl:

    LT did change the game.


  58. 58 | September 24, 2013 11:21 am

    @ RIX:

    Science is never settled to a sciientist. You are always open to more data. This is a fundamental principle of science. Even people who went to public high schools have enough science training to know this, but most of them forget it when the “experts” tell them the “science is settled“. That more than anything was what clued me in to Global Warming being a hoax in the first place. Scientists always want more data. A theory is just as good as what the latest data supports. Now these people were insisting that we had to undo the Industrial Revolution to Save the Planet, and we don’t need no more stinkin’ data? I knew it was a hoax immediately. Real scientists are always getting more data and re-evaluating things in the light of new discovery. TYhe Globam Warming Hoax, OTOH, was delivered as Revealed Scripture, never to be questioned. Now, with the latest data we can confidentlysay that Anthropomorphic Global Warming is a fantasy. The climate was never a constant, so yes, the climate has changed, but there is no real evidence that Humans are causing this change, and thus no evidence that humans can stop this change from occuring. The perpetrators of this Hoax want the vast bulk of mankind squatting in mud huts cooking over dung fires. That is the level of subsistence that they decre for you and I. They, of course, will get all the modern conveniences, because they are special. The perpetrators of this fraud should be ostracized from civil society.


  59. RIX
    59 | September 24, 2013 11:23 am

    Carolina Girl wrote:

    @ RIX:

    It was never about AGW — it was about controlling the people. I seriously doubt that China, for instance, gives two craps what these global warming idiots think. They’ll continue to burn coal as long as they like. Meanwhile Prezdint Putz destroys an industry and drives up energy bills in the U.S.

    In the Coal Industry, Obama is destroying jobs & therefore lives & families.
    When you are living like the 1% that he always castigates, the little people must look insignificant.
    I mean they didn’t even have an Ivy League Minority Set Aside


  60. 60 | September 24, 2013 11:25 am

    Carolina Girl wrote:

    Meanwhile Prezdint Putz destroys an industry and drives up energy bills in the U.S.

    That’s because that is the real goal of the Global Warming hoax. They aren’t tryinng to save civilization. Quite the contrary. They want to undo the Industrial Revolution for the vast bulk of humanity. Those of us that don’t starve to deth (you can’t feed 7 billion people from subsistence farming) should consider ourselves lucky that the nobility don’t hunt us for fun and frolic. That is the grim, dark future the AGW fanatics have planned for us. It is like something from science fiction. An especially dystopic science fiction. They are, in a word, evil, and should be treated accordingly.


  61. RIX
    61 | September 24, 2013 11:28 am

    @ Iron Fist:
    You’re right, science is never settled & the AGW crowd does not want anymore data.
    The Earth is actually still forming & it goes through cooling & warming periods & doesn’t really care about us.
    They want to do away with real technology , like modern Luddites & depend on the vagaries of the wind and the Sun.
    Most of ll they want to keep the cach coming.


  62. 62 | September 24, 2013 11:38 am

    RIX wrote:

    Most of ll they want to keep the cach coming.

    That is the hoaxters themselves, but the people enabling them, the hysterical politicians, see Global Warming as a permanent excuse to extend their power infinitely. The Left in particular, and all authoritarians generally, despise personal liberty. Millions of individuals making millions of individual choices may make a market capitalist happy (and wealthy), but they make a Command Economist cringe. You simply have no control over markets like that. This is especially true of essential markets for things like energy and food. What the Left wants more than anything is total control. They think they can dictate a perfect society if they can just get rid of all the individual choices and make the markets behave the way they want them to. This is complete bunk, but they believe it and desire that power more than any lust of the flesh. AGW was perfect for this, because it required the government to take over the endrgy market in toto, and gave essentially unlimited poiwer to the government to decide who won and who lost from those transactions. If they could have gotten Kyoto through the US Senate, we’d be in the midst of an economic depression that would make the Great Depression look positively sunny. That is what the Left wanted. They haven’t given up. We have proven AGW a hoax, but the hoaxters haven’t given up just because their hoax has been revealed to be a fraud. They are still clamoring for the power to control all the energy markets, and a significant fraction of the people are willing to let it happen. Just because AGW is a hoax doesn’t mean Obama won’t still try to implement something based on it. He most certainly will. He continues his War on Coal without even the pretense of “scientific consensus” that has been used to sell this pig in a poke since day one.


  63. Guggi
    63 | September 24, 2013 11:52 am

    RIX wrote:

    If their assertions are so manifest, you would think that they would just prove it & quit manufacturing evidence.

    The sience is settled, you denier//////// :-P


  64. RIX
    64 | September 24, 2013 11:55 am

    @ Iron Fist:
    Extreme Environmentalism is a way to control the herd. They will be able to dictate industries & dole out jobs.
    ObamaCare is a Progressives dream. They can ration health care, giving it to the worthy & denying to the imperfect and their opponents.
    They can make it complete if they can just control the food supply & dictate what & how much we consume.
    Mooch is off to a good start.


  65. RIX
    65 | September 24, 2013 11:56 am

    Guggi wrote:

    RIX wrote:

    If their assertions are so manifest, you would think that they would just prove it & quit manufacturing evidence.

    The sience is settled, you denier////////

    Hi Guggi, I will report to reeducation right after lunch.


  66. 66 | September 24, 2013 11:57 am

    @ Guggi:

    I do agree that the science seems settled now. There’s not been any AGW for at least 17 years, and other than the USA the attempts to limit “greenhouse gasses” hve been pretty limited. Their models, all of them, cannot account for this “pause” in warming, pointing to the glaringly obvious fact that these models are fatally flawed. If the model doesn’t agree with observed reality, you change the model, not the reality. The global warming hoaxters know this, but still hope to pull off with legislative ledgerdmain what they haven’t been able to deliver from “scientific consensus”. These people aren’t real scientists. They are snake oil salesmen.


  67. 67 | September 24, 2013 12:23 pm

    @ Iron Fist:

    Not only that – there’s a photo of the ice cap at the North Pole. Bigger than ever. Al Gore was nothing more than a snake oil salesman – witness his phony “look we’re taking the TRAIN to pick up my undeserved Peace Prize” when his effing luggage traveled by SUV and IIRC correctly, he flew in a private jet to get there. He’s building a 35,000 square foot mansion. Trouble for him, though, that whole “carbon credit” scheme was exposed as a scam so he’s got problems there.

    Also, Gore refuses to debate AGW/climate change with anyone. He gives speeches, but has so far declined challenges by legitimate sources to engage in a real debate. He’s a fraud, pure and simple.


  68. 68 | September 24, 2013 12:24 pm

    Oh dear. Some silly girl forgot to turn off the bold. *Sigh*


  69. 69 | September 24, 2013 12:27 pm

    Carolina Girl wrote:

    He’s a fraud, pure and simple.

    Absolutely. I think he is the biggest con man in history. He’s made hundreds of millions of dollars selling the Global Warming Hoax, and he’s known it was a hoax the whole time. He stood to really clean up if Obama had been able to force Cap and Tax through. That was going to propel him into the ranks of Billionaire Con Men. As it is, he only stole hudnreds of millions of dollars. I guess when you compare it to the money Obama has taken in “Stimulus” funds, it is small potatoes, but I consdier the Stimulus to be bank robbery, not conning people out of their money.


  70. Guggi
    70 | September 24, 2013 12:39 pm

    @ Iron Fist:

    The same with economic computer models


  71. 71 | September 24, 2013 12:41 pm

    @ Iron Fist:

    As I recall, his whole “Inconvenient Truth” movie was such a load of crap that a judge in the U.K. told him he couldn’t show it there without changing seven out and out LIES that were found in it.

    Indeed – Cap and Trade was to be his big moneymaker. He was going to be on the boards with Buffett, Gates and Jobs when that took off. And IIRC, that whole carbon trading market on the boards in Chicago completely collapsed.


  72. Guggi
    72 | September 24, 2013 12:41 pm

    Obama opens door to improved relations with Iran

    Speaking at the United Nations, President Obama says if the United States and Iran can come to an agreement on Iran’s nuclear program, it could lead to better relations based on mutual interests and respect. He said he has directed Secretary of State John Kerry to negotiate with Iranian officials and explore the prospects of better relations. “I am directing John Kerry to pursue this effort with the Iranian government, in close coordination with the European Union, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Russia and China,” Obama said. “The roadblocks may prove to be too great, but I firmly believe the diplomatic path must be tested.”

    WaPo


  73. Guggi
    73 | September 24, 2013 12:43 pm

    Obama: Progress on Iran is possible but challenging

    The possibility of Iran and the U.S. achieving detente at this week’s United Nations General Assembly meeting has the world watching closely. U.S. President Barack Obama told the UN this morning that a discussion on Iran’s nuclear program should occur but that the U.S. will prevent Iran from pursuing nuclear weapons. “The roadblocks may prove to be too great, but I firmly believe the diplomatic path must be tested,” Obama said.


  74. 74 | September 24, 2013 12:54 pm

    He sent Herman Munster to negotiate. I have visions of the Iranian dirtbags hooking up a secret camera and laughing their asses off in another room as the dupe our Secretary of State of Confusion.


  75. 75 | September 24, 2013 12:59 pm

    @ Guggi:

    This means the Iranians tell Prezdint Putz “okay we won’t build a nuclear weapon” – PP then skips his light-loafered ass to the microphone and disco dances that the Iranian threat is over. Meanwhile, the untrustworthy walking dogturds that is the Iranian government show their nuclear facility to Secretary of State Herman Munster, who minuets (he’s French, you know) to the podium, saying he has inspected personally and there is nothing to fear from Iran.

    Meanwhile, Iran has a second nuclear site which no one knows about, continues their weapons program, and plays the DVD of the two American Assclowns prancing like the Rockettes how they saved the world from Iran, while cackling like hyenas.

    Because the Douchebag Duo’s attempts at foreign policy ALWAYS end so well.


  76. 76 | September 24, 2013 1:02 pm

    Carolina Girl wrote:

    , that whole carbon trading market on the boards in Chicago completely collapsed.

    It was a market that required legislation to even come into existance. Gore was going to get a piece of the action, and it was going to be huge. Everyone would come to him to buy indulgences for keeping the machinery that kept the lights on running. It was about giving Gore, a man who lost the Presidency, that kind of power over AMerica’s basic functioning. That turned out to be a bridge too far for Democrats in the Legislature. In fact, I am surprised that Obama got so little “accomplished” in his two years of unfettered power. He’s not a leader. He just like marching out front to appear that way.


  77. 77 | September 24, 2013 1:08 pm

    @ Carolina Girl:

    I don’t think there will even be that much “Let’s Pretend” on the part of the Iranians. The MFM is already positioning this new Iranian President as a “moderate”. Obama is going to just accept that along with his assurances that the Iranians won’t build a bomb. That will last for however long it takes the Iranians to get a nice little stockpile built. If the Iranians don’t go apeshit and nuke Israel or America (we are the GREAT Satan to the Iranians. You need to always keep that in mind while dealing with them) for kicks to demonstrate their new-found power to the world. We are so hosed. What the hell were we thinking electing a man named Hussein to the presidency in a time of war.


  78. 78 | September 24, 2013 1:18 pm

    @ Iron Fist:

    In truth, I was surprised, too. But I think early on the Democrat leadership (i.e., Pelosi, Reid) wanted more than anything to get Obamacare passed. They had just had their amnesty bill beaten back, so they weren’t going to touch that for awhile. I imagine they expected to take that one up after the 2010 elections, when I’m sure these delusional dimwits figured that King Putz would be SOOO popular that they could then advance more of the agenda. They tested the waters with carbon credits, saw a little pushback and said “Obamacare is too important – we need to push that through first.”

    They probably saw the TEA Party has nothing but blue haired conservatives in the Flyover States and giggled. Then, of course, the problem with Obama’s approval started raising it’s head. He went to negative numbers at Rasmussen after being in office SIX MONTHS. He’s never come out of negative DPTP – not even when bin Laden was killed.

    I think the election of 2010 woke them up somewhat – GOP got the House back. But Putz’s biggest fear is losing the Senate in 2014. Hence the stepping up of Republican vilification. But their biggest problem is that they really aren’t paying attention to the actual mood of the country. Neither is the MSM – they are reporting stories from their respective Happy Places and believing somehow that they will be able to convince the voters that it really isn’t as bad as you think it is.

    That’ll work on Obamabot low information voters who wait by the mailbox for their official wealth distribution stipend on the first of every month. However, the real people who are looking at $5 for a loaf of bread? Not so much. Especially when Bertha McFatfat and her welfare brood cast of thousands shows up with full carts stuffed to the brim and her EBT card to pay for it.


  79. 79 | September 24, 2013 1:30 pm

    @ Carolina Girl:

    There is that, and that is really saving us. I expected hard Left gun control in his first year as President, but he left that for his second term. He could have gotten it those first two years, but he made a strategic error. I think he thought if he played is enough up the middle, he could avoid losing the House in 2010. ObamaCare, though, was a bridge too far, and since then he hasn’t had the numbers to get anything controversial through. Not even the expansion of background checks, which was supposed to be a precursor to gun registration (that’s how the press definse “moderate” and “common sense” today).


  80. 80 | September 24, 2013 1:46 pm

    @ Iron Fist:

    In many ways, the Dems were deluded. They thought it was the return of Clinton. They forgot that Clinton was so left that the people turned Congress GOP to stop him. But another aspect of this is that Clinton did not have to deal with alternative media or the social network. Sure there was Drudge, and there was Free Republic and a few others around that time, but not like we have today. Also, Fox News wasn’t nearly as big and Rush Limbaugh was still pretty much carrying the water on Talk Radio. Now? Totally different – Fox, Hannity, Levin, XM Radio have all helped push the message. But the biggest thing? TWITTER. Democrats and liberals can’t help themselves. They LOVE Twitter. And in a lot of cases, Twitter has been their downfall.


  81. 81 | September 24, 2013 1:54 pm

    Carolina Girl wrote:

    And in a lot of cases, Twitter has been their downfall.

    Yeah, Anthony Weiner couldn’t seem to get the fact that Twitter was public, or hat by sexting his irtual girlfriends pics of his genetallia he was essentially exposing himself to the world. You see more honesty from the Left on Twitter about their real motives. Like during the Martin-Zimmerman case. You couldn’t hide the fact that there was a substantial minority of blacks out there physically attacking whites and bragging about it because of the way that case turned out. You couldn’t hide the outright racism coming from the black community. People get a more honest example of what the Left really believes. That is good, because the average American will reject the Left if they know what they are really about.


  82. 82 | September 24, 2013 2:11 pm

    @ Iron Fist:

    Also they cannot resist spewing bile it seems. Last week, not one but two assholes found themselves waist deep in yogurt for tweeting the most disgusting trash at conservatives. First we had that journalism prof from Kansas that hoped NRA members’ kids would be the next ones to die in a mass shooting. He was stuck on administrative leave and I imagine the alumni association might have something to say about that.

    Then we had that pathetic little cretin who tweeted to Ted Cruz’s speech writer that he hoped all her kids would die. When called on it, he doubled down, then tripled down. When it became a national story, he apologized. Then SooperMexican found he had a history of tweeting vile crap to people. Then the Sacramento Democrat Party accepted his resignation. After, I imagine, they emailed him that he had 10 minutes to write one.

    Funny how the party of “it’s for the children” has operatives that immediately go to killing them as a threat. And it’s also funny that considering we’re portrayed as these meaner than snot people, I don’t read any stories of Conservatives being forced to resign after sending vile posts to Democrats. Maybe I’m just on the wrong Twitter feed.


  83. 83 | September 24, 2013 2:14 pm

    Oh man. Secretary of State Herman Munster SO wants to be loved by the world:

    From The Hill via Weasel Zippers:

    Secretary of State John Kerry is expected to sign an arms trade treaty opposed by the Senate and the gun lobby as early as Wednesday, and Republicans aren’t happy about it.

    Kerry’s plan to sign the treaty on the margins of the UN General Assembly in New York this week has sparked immediate criticism from GOP opponents.

    “This treaty is already dead in the water in the Senate, and they know it,” said Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services. “The Administration is wasting precious time trying to sign away our laws to the global community and unelected U.N. bureaucrats.”

    A majority of Senate oppose the treaty because it covers small arms, making ratification impossible in the short term.
    - See more at: http://www.weaselzippers.net/#sthash.ceNrB16q.dpuf


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David