From The American Spectator
Obama’s ACORN Pals Cashing In on Obamacare Enrollment
By Matthew Vadum on 10.1.13 @ 6:51PM
If you’ve been listening to Rush Limbaugh’s radio show today, you know this already: President Obama’s old friends in the ACORN crime syndicate have decided to get a piece of the big-money Obamacare action.
United Labor Unions (ULU) Local 100 in New Orleans, which is run by ACORN founder Wade Rathke, announced on its Facebook page that it’s gearing up “to do mass enrollment and help navigate people into the marketplaces in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas under the Affordable Care Act!”
Wherever Rathke goes, lawlessness follows.
Before his calamitous 38-year tenure as ACORN chief organizer ended in his expulsion from the group in 2008, Rathke covered up a million-dollar embezzlement involving the nonprofit’s pension funds. He presided over massive campaigns involving identity fraud in furtherance of voter fraud. (ACORN even knowingly hired felons convicted of identity theft to work on voter registration drives, giving them custody of sensitive voter information.)
As I showed in my ACORN/Obama expose, Subversion Inc., ACORN is also infamous for storming hospital emergency rooms and city council chambers, using mob violence against bank executives and other shakedown targets, and ruthlessly exploiting its own employees and going to court to seek an exemption from minimum wage laws.
At least 54 individuals who either worked for ACORN and its affiliates, or who were connected to ACORN have been convicted of voter fraud. ACORN Inc., the parent nonprofit that led the ACORN network, was itself convicted of election fraud in Nevada two years ago. Before Congress defunded ACORN in 2009, about $79 million in federal grants underwrote this criminal activity.
Now as part of the Obamacare enrollment process, Rathke and his fellow community organizers will have unfettered access to confidential information on thousands of people seeking health insurance.
Given who’s running ULU, it is a foregone conclusion that ULU Obamacare enrollers will abuse the sensitive financial, medical, and demographic information they take from vulnerable Americans, using the data for community organizing and partisan political advantage.
That’s how Rathke operated when he headed ACORN, which filed bankruptcy in late 2010 and splintered into more than two dozen new groups.
“Local 100’s role as a Navigator, suggest[s] the program is less about health care and more about building a new progressive infrastructure,” says longtime ACORN-watcher Mike Flynn of Breitbart.com.
Among the other left-wing groups hopping on the Obamacare navigator bandwagon are the Democrat-friendly Planned Parenthood, National Urban League, and Virginia Poverty Law Center Inc.
Other left-wing groups have signed up with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as “Champions of Coverage.” They vow to promote enrollment by emailing their members, hanging posters, giving out fact sheets and brochures, holding conference calls, or promoting enrollment in other ways.
Among the Champions of Coverage are Families USA, League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), NAACP, Service Employees International Union (SEIU), and U.S. PIRG Education Fund.
Enrollment will be a dangerous free-for-all because Obamacare “navigators” are barely regulated at all. By the way, the only reason there are any “navigators” is to help the left, as HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has more or less admitted. Imposing rules would only interfere with community organizers’ ability to wreak havoc and spread the gospel of so-called social justice.
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a Republican office holder who is painfully aware of ACORN’s antics over the years, warns that the Obamacare navigator program, like Obamacare overall, is deeply flawed:
The “navigators” are prohibited from having financial ties to an insurance company, but other than that there are few constraints. Union organizers and community activists are among the types that are allowed to be hired as ‘navigators’, and having prior experience working in the health care field doesn’t seem to necessarily be a pre-requisite for the job. I wonder what percentage of these ‘navigators’ will be partisan Democrats?
These community organizers will have access to “social security numbers and tax information” and HHS isn’t even planning on running background checks before sending them out into the field. “Besides the obvious identity theft concerns, this is a frightening development in light of the political activities and invasion of privacy, which the IRS and others have engaged in during the Obama presidency,” Jindal says.
But as we’ve learned in the Obama era, this kind of craziness is par for the course with community organizers.
People who should be sitting in prison are going to be handling peoples personal information including SSN’s and medical data. The current regime is a criminal cabal and should be dealt with accordingly.
Here’s some amazing info from Newsmax. Reince Preibus really hits it out of the park with a couple of prime money quotes.
Priebus: Obamacare a Lemon, Not Ready for Primetime
Thursday, 03 Oct 2013 12:28 PM
By Lisa Barron
Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus underlined the many flaws in the Affordable Care Act Thursday morning, pointing to technical problems and enrollment delays.
“It clearly is a law that just isn’t ready for primetime,” he said in a morning conference call, adding, “Barack Obama knows he’s selling a lemon.”
When asked by a reporter why the GOP forced a shutdown debate rather than letting Obamacare go through and fail on its own, Priebus responded, “Clearly, if I was just being purely political sure, why not let these exchanges go through, let these Democrats continue to vote for these unpopular things. Obviously doing what’s politically right isn’t always what’s right for the American people.”
“It’s not fair, it’s not working, people don’t’ want it, so there’s a serious obligation to put that ahead of politics,” he added.
Republican Rep. Tom Cotton of Arkansas, who was also on the call, maintained that the party is putting the protection of the American public over political considerations.
“Democrats have to live with those consequences already,” he said, adding, “My responsibility is trying to reduce or eliminate as many of these effects going forward as possible.”
Priebus later played down polls showing that more voters blame Republicans than Democrats for the government shutdown.
“Governing by simply looking at daily tracking polls isn’t probably the right way to govern. Most people believe that Obamacare is wrong for America,” he said.
He also pointed his finger at the Democrats, saying their refusal to negotiate on the healthcare law led to the shutdown.
“Republicans have been offering deal after deal only to be met with a brick wall,” Priebus said, noting that Obama “was happy to call the leader of Iran and talk to him at length apparently. But he’s not willing to talk to Republicans. I think that’s pretty unbelievable.”
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/priebus-obamacare-lemon-primetime/2013/10/03/id/529135#ixzz2goVbG7BN
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
And a special presentation for Goldwaterite from the same link.
$67 million allocated to an IRS slush fund for the purpose of rolling out Obamacare is unaccounted for, according to a report issued by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration.
When the Affordable Care Act was adopted in 2010, it included a provision to establish a $1 billion Health Insurance Reform Implementation Fund “to pay for the Federal administrative expenses to carry out the ACA”—yet another joyous discovery about the bill that passed “so that you can find out what is in it.”
So far, the IRS has been allocated $488 million from the HIRIF to help the agency prepare for the “law’s numerous tax provisions.” The audit was performed to determine whether the IRS had used the funds appropriately to create an “adequate process to accurately account for and report selected ACA implementation costs charged to the HIRIF.”
The report—released just two weeks before the launch of Obamacare Exchanges—reveals that Obamacare finances are already in ruins. Take a look:
Affordable Care Act: Tracking of Health Insurance Reform Implementation Fund Costs Could Be Improved
…The IRS did not track all costs associated with implementation of the ACA including costs not charged to the HIRIF. Specifically, the IRS did not account for or attempt to quantify approximately $67 million of indirect ACA costs incurred for Fiscal Years 2010 through 2012. Indirect costs include, for example, providing employees with workspace and information technology support.
The IRS established a methodology to track ACA costs in its accounting records. However, the IRS accounted for only direct costs, such as labor and contract costs, because it did not believe that indirect costs should be recovered from the HIRIF…
…By not also identifying and tracking indirect costs, the IRS lacks complete information regarding the full cost of ACA implementation. This lack of complete information on ACA implementation costs limits the IRS’s ability to accurately report to stakeholders the total resources it applied to the ACA implementation and fully estimate the resources needed in the future for this effort.
This is just the beginning. If the IRS managed to mishandle $67 million during the preparation process, what’s going to happen when the agency is responsible for overseeing the new Obamacare tax regulations that affect every American citizen?
I can’t help but think this may be connected to ACORN’s involvement in Ocare.
It looks like ACORN is going to be busy if these comments from the actual Obamacare facebook account are to be believed.
21. “I am so disappointed. These prices are outrageous and there are huge deductibles. No one can afford this!”
20. “Good grief. Day three of trying and still can’t get on this website. The government KNEW about this thing going live for two years. TWO YEARS! And this is the best they could do? I shudder to think what’s going to happen once they are in control of my healthcare. They can’t even get their website functioning properly. If my business had rolled out a piece of crap that worked like this I’d be out of business.”
19. “How is it that Facebook, which is a non-essential social networking web site, can reliably handle BILLIONS of electronic interactions per second, but the Healthcare.gov site, which is literally the very heart of the Obamacare program wasn’t ready for the obvious millions of visitors that you had to know it would be receiving?”
18. “i’m just going to stop even bothering for a couple weeks or so… once the fervor dies down, hopefully i’ll be able to actually create an account!”
17. “The Federal Gov’t has ruined everything it has gotten involved in, does anybody really expect this healthcare disaster to be any different? Sorry, I’ll take the asinine fine.”
16. “And yet another day and several tries I once again keep getting nothing but a completely blank page after I log in. The top tab says ‘Successful URL’. Oh how ironic.”
15. “Didn’t these Feds ever have mothers that told them not to lie? Maybe they were raised in the wild. This system is trash. I can’t verify my identity or upload documents. Also what’s with Experian verifying ID’s? Don’t care for that at all.”
14. “I am a single mother of two, in school and working full time, living 75% below the poverty level and I DO NOT qualify for a healthcare subsidy”
13. “the website can’t verify my identity…the people at the experian verification number can’t verify my identity either….i tried to upload a scan of my driver’s license, and that won’t work either……very annoying process…….i’ve wasted 3 days on this junk.”
12. “if you’re stupid enough to put all your banking information in to the federal governments computers you are definitely part of the problem”
11. “Where the HELL am I supposed to get $3,000 more a year to pay for this “bronze” health insurance plan!?!??? And I DO NOT EVEN WANT INSURANCE to begin with!! This is frightening.”
10. “I have one question. What happens if I can’t afford the Affordable Health Care that you are cramming down my throat? I just ran your calculator, and if it is even close to accurate, I will have a choice…..I can pay my rent and buy groceries, or I can pay the health care premiums, move out into the streets and live under a bridge some where, and go hungry! Can I please get one of those exemption things that the President and Congress got?”
9. “I’ve been stuck at the security questions since 9am on October 1st”
8. “Death Panels. Yes. The red plan. It’s affordable. And painless!”
7. “Here in Austin, TX have gotten to login screen three times today, wait is getting shorter, but am still getting a blank screen after getting a quick ‘authenticating, please wait’ message at top left of screen, then nothing but a blank white page and no indication that the browser is waiting for the server to do anything. Attempts to refresh the screen sends me back to the please wait screen.”
6. “I finally got past the security question problem, got my account, my verification email, and when I went to log in, it said the information was invalid.”
5. “I want to know how I am expected to pay $300+ for this and still pay my bills when the only income is $710 a month from my husband’s SSI? Am i supposed to lose my home and water and electricity or go to jail because I can’t afford this?”
4. “Government forces people to pay a new tax. People click on website to see how much this new tax will cost them. Website crashes in the first hour. Government calls it a huge success.”
3. “I work a minimum wage job…how the heck can I afford health insurance and if the company doesn’t give full time? I am so angry right now…. I share housing with others because I can’t afford my own place… how do you expect people to afford obamacare if they barely get by from paycheck to paycheck????? I can’t afford a fine either! I think you are obligated to give the American people an answer and an explanation!”
2. “Y’all can kiss my butt. You got that? You want my bank account? I’ll close it. You put a lien on my house? Take it…and the mortgage too. Some things are worth fighting for, and freedom is one of them! I am sick and tired of the redistribution strategies of this socialist country and having my wages STOLEN to pay for them!”
1. The best comment was posted by a man named Will Sheehan with type 1 diabetes who was initially very excited to sign up for Obamacare. But what he discovered while trying to sign up was absolutely horrifying…
I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.
I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.”
It looks like the LIV’s are being forced to wake up in the most brutal way possible.