Doug Ross gives LGF a Blog award

by Rodan ( 184 Comments › )
Filed under Blogmocracy, Blogwars, Diary of Daedalus, Hipsters, LGF, Marxism, Progressives at December 31st, 2013 - 7:00 am

Doug Ross has announced his 50 Fabulous 50 Blog Award Winners for 2013. Little Green Footballs, won an award and Diary of Daedalus is being requested to accept the award on behalf Charles Johnson!

Broken Lizard

Diary of Daedalus humbly accepts the award for LGF on behalf of Charles Johnson. He can’t appear in public due to death threats by Ron Paul and Glenn Greenwald’s deadly Flemish Nazi snipers! Once again, congrats to Charles for his well deserved award!

Happy New Years Charles!

(Cross Posted @ The Diary of Daedalus)

Tags: , ,

Comments

184 Responses to “Doug Ross gives LGF a Blog award”

1. MikeA
    1 | December 31, 2013 7:30 am

Charles who?

2. rain of lead
    2 | December 31, 2013 7:42 am

morning….
    sheesh
    where is everybody?
    *grumble*

starts making coffee and setting out doughnuts

3. MikeA
    3 | December 31, 2013 8:03 am

@ rain of lead:

Local farmers market has fresh apple cider donuts covered in sugar. If you get those hot from the fryer… mmmmm… fried dough!!!

4. rain of lead
    4 | December 31, 2013 8:06 am

@ MikeA:

oh hell yeah
    fresh hot doughnuts….
    *wipes drool*

5. 5 | December 31, 2013 8:07 am

@ rain of lead:

I’m here. I am installing a new computer at work. It is mostly done, but I can’t get the Oracle part of it working. And there’s nobody here that can help me on it. My boss is out sick. Wah. Oh, well. At least I got a new computer. My old one was very slow.

6. 6 | December 31, 2013 8:08 am

I had to give up doughnuts almost 40 years ago. Especially the cake ones with the chocolate frosting…

7. eaglesoars
    7 | December 31, 2013 8:10 am

how’s momcat?

8. rain of lead
    8 | December 31, 2013 8:12 am

reason #1 to NOT watch cnn tonight

This has to stop’: Anderson Cooper/Kathy Griffin toplessness getting to be a bit much

A year ago, before CNN’s New Years Eve coverage, Kathy Griffin tweeted a photo out to the world showing her co-host Anderson Cooper without a shirt on.

Apparently this year things are working out the other way around

this is what the beast looks like pre makeup and wardrobe
    (caution, spew warning)

9. rain of lead
    9 | December 31, 2013 8:14 am

@ eaglesoars:
    morning

we had to take her to the er last night, she was in really bad shape
    they admitted her once they got her stable
    the girl and I will be going back to the hospital as soon as I get her up and fed

10. eaglesoars
    10 | December 31, 2013 8:17 am

@ rain of lead:

Calo stopped in last nite to give us a heads up. Yinz got lots of prayers.

11. rain of lead
    11 | December 31, 2013 8:19 am

@ eaglesoars:

thanks

12. 12 | December 31, 2013 8:19 am

@ rain of lead:

Tell Momcat I said hi. I hope that she gets to feeling better.

13. MikeA
    13 | December 31, 2013 8:20 am

I assume that its a windows box. I am an Oracle DBA (among other jobs) but all my installs have been on UNIX.

14. 14 | December 31, 2013 8:26 am

@ MikeA:

Yeah, Windows 8, which I do not like. Dorian gave me a link to something that makes the UI manageable, so it isn’t bad with that running. A 21″ monitor doesn’t work like a smartphone, and making it appear like a big smartphone is not user friendly. I’ve got the Oracle libraries installed, I think, but I am having trouble with my connectivity. I don’t know enough about Oracle to troubleshoot it. All I know is that my provider won’t open. The exceptions you get from Oracle are seldom helpful. They might as well have an error message that says “Shit don’t work. Sucks to be you”. We have both Oracle and SQL Server backends, but all the projects I’ve worked on here have been Oracle. Experience for my resume, of course, but it leaves me a little at sea sometimes. I’d worked in SQL Server almost exclusively ever since SQL Server 6.5.

15. eaglesoars
    15 | December 31, 2013 8:26 am

well I have to get the day started. Happy New Year everybody!

16. rain of lead
    16 | December 31, 2013 8:31 am

thanks
    finally got to look at the pic you sent, man that is some serious
    ink. been working on it a while eh, and such a sweet litty kitty
    she’s sort of a long hair? I’ll try to get you a pic of my panther

17. 17 | December 31, 2013 8:31 am

@ eaglesoars:

Happy New Year to you, too. I think next year is going to be quite exciting. Let’s hope that we like the results of the election. That is the biggest thing on my plate for the year. It’ll be here before you know it. Look at how fast last year went. It is hard to believe that it is already over. I didn’t accomplish most of my goals for last year. I’d intended to be 40 pounds lighter than I am now, but instead of losing 20 more pounds, I gained 20 pounds. Wah. I hope to get the 20 pounds off by March, and then I will call it good.

18. rain of lead
    18 | December 31, 2013 8:31 am

litty ?
    little

sheesh
    moar coffee stat

19. 19 | December 31, 2013 8:33 am

@ rain of lead:

She’s a Maine Coon. She is so loving. Sometimes at night she’ll get on my shoulder and cuddle down onto my face. Very sweet. She’s a lot bigger now than she was in that picture. She’s only a year old right now, and Maine Coons don’t finish growing until they are 4 or 5. Her father weighed over 20 pounds, and was about the size of a big English bulldog.

20. rain of lead
    20 | December 31, 2013 8:37 am

I just showed the girl your pic and when I told her you were a programmer she busted out laughing… lesion for the day, don’t judge a book by it’s cover

21. rain of lead
    21 | December 31, 2013 8:38 am

lesion

now I did not spell it like that
    damn you auto-correct

22. rain of lead
    22 | December 31, 2013 8:41 am

ok everybody
    we’re off to the hospital
    i’ll stop in later with an update

23. 23 | December 31, 2013 8:45 am

Interesting article on Adam Lanza:

Among the thousands of documents Connecticut police released December 27 related to the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary, the contents and files of Adam Lanza’s computer include files on mass shootings, mass murders, pedophiles’ rights, and a man/boy love story.

According to police reports contained within the documents, Lanza’s laptop computer contained “hundreds of bookmarks,” a number of which were for “mass murder killing spree” and “mass murders.”

His desktop had a “document written showing the prerequisites for mass murder spreadsheet.”

Lanza’s desktop also had a “document written advocating pedophiles’ rights” and a “screenplay or script describing a relationship between a 10 year old boy and a 30 year old man.”

There was a “5 second video..depicting children being shot (dramatization).”

One sick son of a bitch. The pedophilia thing is especially disturbing, but he was clearly a freak in a number of ways. He needed to have been institutionalized.

24. 24 | December 31, 2013 8:48 am

@ rain of lead:

That’s definitely true. I look like an extra on Sons of Anarchy rather than a computer nerd. I’ve never been good at the yuppie thing. I have to dress business casual for work, which isn’t so bad, but it is different. I wear long sleeves to cover the artwork. My wife is insistent that I not tattoo my hands, neck, or head. I understand her reasoning, but I’ve got work for all three places that I want to have done. I’ll probably wait until I am closer to retirement to get that done. Of course, for a long time I had no intent of doing my forearms, and look how that turned out :lol:

25 | December 31, 2013 8:57 am

@ 9 rain of lead: Prayers for her.

26 | December 31, 2013 9:19 am

Mike C. wrote:

I had to give them up after my blood sugar started to rise.

27. 27 | December 31, 2013 9:26 am

Rodan -- we’re set for threads today, correct? I was going to start the weekly Taco Tuesday next week, but if you need a thread for this afternoon (which is 5:00 Eastern time) I can cobble something together.

28. 28 | December 31, 2013 9:30 am

@ Speranza:

In my case it was just the realization that 20 minutes after I ate one, I felt pretty miserable for the rest of the day. Same thing not long after with fast food hamburgers. No diagnosed medical finding or anything. But I’m too old for that crap now anyway.

29 | December 31, 2013 9:30 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

Rodan — we’re set for threads today, correct? I was going to start the weekly Taco Tuesday next week, but if you need a thread for this afternoon (which is 5:00 Eastern time) I can cobble something together.

I did a ton of stuff which is in pending. Going out in style.

30. 30 | December 31, 2013 10:05 am

@ Carolina Girl:

I’m planning on starting maybe a weekly thing on martial arts. I’ve promised to cover Traditional Chinese Medicine and how it is related to the martial arts. I have plenty of resources for that, and I think it would be interesting. I just have to make myself write the articles. I can’t really do that while I am at work, and I am usually so tired when I get home. We’ll see what I can do. There’s no way I can be as prolific as Speranza or Rodan. I just don’t have the time to write like that.

31. 31 | December 31, 2013 10:08 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Its New Years eve so a Taco Tuesday thread would be good. No need for political threads today.

32 | December 31, 2013 10:17 am

Happy New Yera’s Eve.

33 | December 31, 2013 10:23 am

Happy New Yera’s Eve.

Started the party early, did we?

:-)

34 | December 31, 2013 10:24 am

Mike C. wrote:

We are around the same age and I gave up completely on potatoes and really cut back on sugar intake.

35. 35 | December 31, 2013 10:26 am

Happy New Year’s eve to you, too. It is amazing how fast this year has gone. It hasn’t been the best year for me, but it certainly hasn’t been the worst year for me, either. It’s been a pretty horrible year for Obama and the Democrats, though, so that’s good. Next year may bring worse down the pike for them. Once the Employer Mandate kicks in and employers start cancelling people’s insurance policies, I think people are going to be even more unhappy with ObamaCare than they are right now. And people who’ve bought the Bronze plan and thought they were getting anything are going to be shocked by the $6000-12000 deductible that has to be paid first before their insurance plan pays the first red cent. The truth is, unless you have a catastrophic incident the Bronze plan is just about worthless. Even the Platinum plans aren’t as good as what I have through my employer now. That is intentional on the part of the Democrats. The idea is to make things worse, so that people will demand Single Payer to “fix” the problems that the Democrats deliberately put into the first release of it. I hope that the lesson people come away with is that Big Government does nothing well, and so can’t be trusted with controlling something as vital as the healthcare industry.

36 | December 31, 2013 10:29 am

2013 relly has been kind of a blah year in most respets.
    Like you I have great concrn about what this ridiculous ObamaCare will do to innocent people and the damage to the economy in 2014.
    If the Left views this as a segue to Single Payer they may get their wish & then God help us all.

37. dwells38
    37 | December 31, 2013 10:30 am

@ rain of lead:

OMG! Kathy Grinchfin!!! Ewe! I wonder if Anderson was straight until that she-monster started diving for his hoo-hah spot. I’m going to have to stare at GIFs of Kaley Cuoco, Katy Perry and Kate Upton simultaneously for several hours to scour that from my poor assaulted frontal cortex.

38. 38 | December 31, 2013 10:32 am

@ Speranza:

I’m Irish -- I can’t give up potatos!

39. 39 | December 31, 2013 10:36 am

The intent behind Single Payer is to be able to deny people coverage based on their political leanings and connections. If you are a top Democrat bundler, you’ll have no problem getting treatment. If you are a working stiff who votes Republican, you won’t. It is really that simple. We’ve seen through the IRS how they use existing law to discriminate against Conservatives. We’ll see the same thing happen with healthcare. After all, it is the IRS that’ll be enforcing ObamaCare. They’ll just do to it what they’ve done to 501(c) corporations. Leftists sail through, right-wingers never get through. It is, in a word, oppression. That is how the Democrats think that such things should be ran.

40. 40 | December 31, 2013 10:38 am

Mike C. wrote:

@ Speranza:

I’m Irish — I can’t give up potatos!

I’m with ya….it’s a major food group….like beer.

41. dwells38
    41 | December 31, 2013 10:45 am

@ Iron Fist

I worked on a cruise ship in ’89/’90. There was a really great ventriloquist on the ship whom myself and my now wife befriended. He was awsomely talented and used to get like eight people on stage and hilariously use them as the dummys by squeezing them on the back of the neck. His act was a scream. It was widely known that he’d left a career as a college English professor. He never wore short sleeves. Eventually he asked us to house sit for him at his nice house (with lanai’d pool, projection TV and lazer discs!!) in Lauderdale when we were signing off and he had a longer term contract. It wasn’t until we met onshore I saw his entire upper body below his neck was covered in elaborate tattoos.

42 | December 31, 2013 10:53 am

Single payer will be the culmination of Lib wet dreams, total control of health care.
    The chosen payers under government contract will be the most slobbering and corrupt Obama supporters.
    Eugenics will rule (It’s a big part of O Care anyway.
    Friends will be rewarded & enemies punished in life & death situations.
    Whether they get single payer or not, Sarah Palin had it right.

43. 43 | December 31, 2013 10:54 am

@ MikeA:

The problem is probably in the firewall, which allocates ports, or more specifically in this case has closed off the ports typically used by Oracle. Or it could be an issue similar to this.

44. MikeA
    44 | December 31, 2013 10:57 am

or Gremlins… they are everywhere and do stop computers from working… ;)

45. taxfreekiller
    45 | December 31, 2013 11:00 am

No security for Amb. Stevens and the C.I.A. annex in Bengazie, no way to send help, off to a fund raise event.

54 loon Global Warming commie liars from the land down under and Obama diverts the Coast Guard Ice Breaker we just spent $90 million on to break ice to resupply the ice station anartic to save them from their own folley.

Obama takes care of the commie useful fools and lets American Fighting men die with no help at all.

The msm lies to their ice bound end soon.

46. taxfreekiller
    46 | December 31, 2013 11:03 am

Of some note ms tfk has book 8.1 Windows for Dummies and its 457 pages or so.

She says all her bud’s that have Window 8 or 8.1 hate it total.

47 | December 31, 2013 11:08 am

David D. Kirkpatrick @ddknyt
    @RichardGrenell we had a reporter on the scene talking to the attackers during the attack- still invaluable
    5:29 PM -- 30 Dec 2013

@ Twitchy.
    Got that? After all of this time , the NY Times remembers that they had a reporter on the ground in Benghazi during the attack , interviewing the attackers.
    And who was the reporter? If he exists at all, I will bet that he is a Muslim contractor who is down with the Jihad.

48 | December 31, 2013 11:13 am

It is only just the beginning.

49. 49 | December 31, 2013 11:14 am

Okay. There’s been enough observational craziness lately downtown I can cobble something together. I’ll set for 2:30 p.m Pacific and you can adjust time depending ….

50 | December 31, 2013 11:17 am

Speranza wrote:

It is only just the beginning.

Obama is doing what philosophical Marxists do.
    I would guess after his 2nd term he will come out as a Marixist.

51. 51 | December 31, 2013 11:25 am

That is 8i. We’re using 11g. There is a certain order that you have to install the connectivity in to get it to work with our set-up, and nobody that is here today knows what that is. I am going to have to wait until my boss gets back into the office on Thursday to get it straightened out. I have a similar issue in Toad. It isn’t seeing my TNSNames file. I have it out there where I *think* it should be, but this is very black box to me. Once I get to where they can see my TNSNames file, I believe everything will work, then. I hope. I am no t a huge Oracle fan. They could make their interfaces more user friendly.

52. 52 | December 31, 2013 11:27 am

He was a reporter that took no photos or video? Seriously? They expect us to believe that? Sure there was a guy on the ground. We believe you. It isn’t like the NYT has ever *cough* Jason Blair *cough* lied to us about anything, is it? :roll:

53. 53 | December 31, 2013 11:28 am

@ taxfreekiller:

I like that the ship that was on a mission to prove Global Warming got stuck in the ice. That is sweet! Karma’s a bitch.

54. 54 | December 31, 2013 11:41 am

He knows a guy who talked to a guy who said he was there……all anonymous, of course. Yeah, right.

55. 55 | December 31, 2013 11:44 am

Even the Democrats are saying this story is bogus, and that al Qaeda was definitely in the mix. The NYT has pretty much blown their reputation. They aren’t a “Paper of Record” anymore. They are a propaganda wing of the Left. Nothing more nor nothing less.

56 | December 31, 2013 11:46 am

This doesn’t ring true. The NY Times even came to the conclusion reluctantly that the video had nothing to do with the attack & that there was al Qaeda involvement.
    Now they just remember that they had a reporter on the ground interviewing the attackers?
    And he heard,”Let me be to telling you something right now. This to being spontaneous attack because of video that is to be pissing off me & Achmed. There are being no al Qaeda.
    We just are to be lucky that we are having all of these weapons just laying around. we are to decide just twenty minutes ago, there are no planning. Vote for Hillary.”

57. 57 | December 31, 2013 11:50 am

Yep. I don’t think this is going to sell. Everybody knows the thing about the video is, and always was, a lie. Everybody knows that this was a coordinated attack. “Spontaneous” uprisings don’t last for seven hours against effective defenders. After they shot 30-40 of them, they’d have decided that they don’t want to play if it was just a riot. The Administration is lying to us, and the NYT is just trying to protect Hillary from the fallout of that.

58. MikeA
    58 | December 31, 2013 11:50 am

Check the box for TNS_ADMIN environment variable. This is where it will look for it.

59 | December 31, 2013 11:52 am

MacDuff wrote:

Hey , maybe it was Tommy Flanaigan! “Yeah, I was in Miami, er I mean Benghazi, yeah that’s it”
    “Yeah I talked to guys who were really pissed about a video. Yeah that’s the ticket”
    “I had my wife Morgan Fairchild with me, that’s the ticket.”

60 | December 31, 2013 11:55 am

It’s a ridiculous scam & the motivation is tissue thin.
    But, most people are not paying attention & this can sow some doubt.
    The Dems learned the Hitler principal of the big lie well.

61. 61 | December 31, 2013 12:01 pm

@ MikeA:

I don’t appear to have that environment variable on my system. My boss really is the only one who knows how all this stuff ties together. I am just going to wait for him to get in Thursday and go from there. Thanks.

62. rain of lead
    62 | December 31, 2013 12:02 pm

Hey y’all just an update on mom at, she is much better today. She ate some breakfast and her o2 is back up. She is sleeping now and we are just waiting on the dr

63 | December 31, 2013 12:05 pm

That’s great news!!

64. brookly red
    64 | December 31, 2013 12:44 pm

Oh by the way…

65. 65 | December 31, 2013 1:22 pm

rain of lead wrote:

Good news! Hopes and prayers, man, hopes and prayers.

66. AZfederalist
    66 | December 31, 2013 1:36 pm

@ rain of lead:

Like the masochist I am, I did an unprotected search for the harpy topless. Goodness, that is one ugly mess! One picture like that and you’d be willing to take a vow of celibacy for life.

67. dwells38
    67 | December 31, 2013 1:44 pm

Another funny one in there nails it. The very last one which I’m now reading:

The Melvin Keynes Award for World’s Funniest Economist (Economedian):Paul Krugman, as utterly exposed by historian Niall Ferguson (see Krugtron the Invincible, Part I, Part II, and Part III)

68. 68 | December 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Well, this sucks. The Dashboard ate my thread. I don’t have time to type it over. Rodan -- can you see if you can find it??

69. 69 | December 31, 2013 2:24 pm

@ rain of lead:

Good news, man That’s great.

70. brookly red
    71 | December 31, 2013 2:44 pm

@ 62 rain of lead: good to hear.

72 | December 31, 2013 2:44 pm

surfing the comments around the net…people are really starting to get pissed off, beginning to understand how unfaithful the feds are to the voters…it takes awhile simply because voters with any faith don’t presume the govt is lying to them, cheating them, and ripping them off blind…as for me, figure for yourself from what you can easily observe then multiply that by 100…that’s the corruption factor…I don’t see any plan or tactic the GOP has going to take advantage of this slow turn of events this past year…makes you wonder doesn’t it?…if not, it should

73 | December 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Someone tells me that the boat stranded at the north pole is full of climate hucksters trying to prove the north pole is melting. But instead they got frozen and were left with coal for Christmas to burn to keep warm.

74 | December 31, 2013 2:45 pm

GOP goal #1….
    destroy Hillary Clinton, totally, and start NOW

75 | December 31, 2013 2:47 pm

@ 72 heysoos: The GoP leadership might be the last to know that the voters are leaving the two party system. None of them read blogs. The people leaving Obama are leaving for socialist candidates. So the anti Hilary forces should get that 3rd party effort going.

76 | December 31, 2013 2:48 pm

darkwords wrote:

anarctica rather

77. 77 | December 31, 2013 2:48 pm

darkwords wrote:

South pole actually. In the middle of it’s summer. :)

78 | December 31, 2013 2:50 pm

@ 46 taxfreekiller: Windows 8 is the worst thing I have ever seen on a PC. Except for a BSOD but they are functionally the same.

79 | December 31, 2013 2:51 pm

@ 76 heysoos: That shows my bias. lol. I never give the south pole props. Everything is about Santa Claus.

80. 80 | December 31, 2013 2:52 pm

@ darkwords:

Actually, they are trapped near Antarctica, where it is “summer”. They went down there to prove that the sea ice was melting, and instead got stcuk in the ice. It is too funny. Their whole purpose in being there has blown up in their faces. When are the bulk of the people going to understand that these neo-Luddites aren’t trying to help the environment, but are trying to drastically reduce their quality of life?

81. 81 | December 31, 2013 2:54 pm

@ darkwords:
    Boy you’ve got that right. A system with dual 21″ monitors doesn’t need to look like a smart phone. Who dreamed that abortion up? It is terrible.

82 | December 31, 2013 2:56 pm

@ 81 Iron Fist: What I dislike is this attempt to deny access to directories where I like to save stuff with no questions asked.

83 | December 31, 2013 2:57 pm

Would older white people be justified these days in being racist? Since it might well save their lives.

84 | December 31, 2013 2:58 pm

@ darkwords:

and close to $2m wasted….that’s a lot of meals for the homeless

85 | December 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Do gaymale folks choose phallic centered religions over female centered ones? Or do they seek the missing female quality in the religious context. It seems the latter to me. Maybe too broad a comparison.

86. brookly red
    86 | December 31, 2013 3:07 pm

@ darkwords:

sometimes we should just let natural selection do it’s thing…

87. 87 | December 31, 2013 3:08 pm

@ darkwords:

that is an area I struggled with for a while. I’ve talked about the guys that tried to beat me to death in Florida before. They were all four black, and the police were positive that there was a racial component in their selecting me as a victim. Should I generalize to all black people because of the actions of a few? The answer is “Of course not”, but that is the same logic that gun controllers use to try to legitimize their intent to disarm all Americans. One of the main reasons I didn’t join the Outlaws when I had the chance was because of the open racism that they displayed. I just didn’t see how I could embrace that as being representative of my “brothers”. And that was after the assault in Florida.

88. 88 | December 31, 2013 3:11 pm

@ brookly red:

Yeah, I think it is interesting to watch Obama break the country’s back to try to save these Darwin Award winners, when he did nothing at Benghazi. They had plenty of time to go in at Benghazi. The SEALs on the ground extracted a heavy price from the enemy, and fought them off for seven hours. What is the flight time from Southern Europe to get to Benghazi? An hour, maybe? An hour and a half? They had time to back them up, and chose to abandon them to die. Obama killed them as dead as if he’d used a drone and assassinated them himself. And Obama is where the “Stand Down” order had

89. grambo
    89 | December 31, 2013 3:11 pm

darkwords wrote:

Yes! Well, that and my taser. And my TCP38 ….. and …some other stuff. It ain’t easy being oldified.

90 | December 31, 2013 3:18 pm

the GOP has too beat Clinton over the head with this every day til she’s not moving…every day

91. 91 | December 31, 2013 3:24 pm

@ heysoos:

I’m for it. I’d be running Hillary’s 3:00AM commercial, and then ending it with the fact that Hillary got the 3:00AM call in the middle of the afternoon, but declined to answer it. She is just as responsible for Benghazi as Obama. Beat her with it until she sis completely destroyed political.

92. brookly red
    92 | December 31, 2013 3:25 pm

darkwords wrote:

OK here is the point I was making to a Black friend/neighbor earlier today- let’s take the lady who’s husband was shot to death in a car-jacking in NJ this week for example. Do you think she might just have a negative opinion of Black people going forward? Might this in some way influence her decision making process when hiring someone? or voting? Perhaps she might be reluctant to rent an apartment to someone who resembled her husbands killers? Racists are’t born that way.

93. brookly red
    93 | December 31, 2013 3:27 pm

@ brookly red:

The night it happened I said set up… I got mocked. I just want to put that out there.

94. 94 | December 31, 2013 3:29 pm

@ brookly red:

Add onto that the fact that half of the murders in this country every year are committed by black, and the vast majority of them are in the 15-35 age bracket when they do the deed. Is it not simply acknowledging the facts of life if you are apprehensive if you see a group of black youth moving in your direction? Certainly, not all black youth (or even most of them) are potential murderers, but the cold hard facts mean that a lot of innocent are going to be looked on with fear and apprehension.

95. 95 | December 31, 2013 3:32 pm

brookly red wrote:

The night it happened I said set up

It could very well be. There is something that they are covering up. What that is only a very few people know. It could be anything from Obama was to high to take the call when it came in to Jarrett was giving orders in his name to abandon those people, or even something that we’ve not thought of yet. But they are covering something up, and the New York Times is trying to assist in that coverup. We should continue hammering on it. It is one of Hillary’s biggest weaknesses.

96. brookly red
    96 | December 31, 2013 3:35 pm

It is one of Hillary’s biggest weaknesses.

and one of her biggest strengths, they will all lie together least they hang speratley

97. 97 | December 31, 2013 3:46 pm

@ brookly red:
    Maybe. Certainly no one is going to leak on this. They think that they can brazen it out, and they may be right. They should put Benghazi around Hillary’s neck, but we’ll see what the Republicans do with it.

98 | December 31, 2013 3:48 pm

brookly red wrote:

It is one of Hillary’s biggest weaknesses.

not gonna happen, it’s too big…time is all they have, and time runs out

99 | December 31, 2013 3:50 pm

BREAKING: Another Gun From “Fast And Furious” Turns Up At Deadly Crime Scene In Mexico…

Nothing to see here…move along…

100 | December 31, 2013 3:54 pm

Nothing to see here…move along…

This is a criminal enterprise running this country.

101. 101 | December 31, 2013 3:57 pm

Yeah, I think that there’s no denying that the JustUs department armed Mexican criminals to manufacture an excuse to violate the Civil Rights of all Americans. That would bring down a Republican Administration. The Press isn’t wanting to bring Obama down, so we hear very little on it.

102 | December 31, 2013 4:00 pm

Report: New York City Investigators Obtain Fraudulent Ballots 97% of The Time Using Names of Dead People, Incarcerated Felons, Non-Residents…

New York City’s Department of Investigation (DOI) has just shown how easy it is to commit voter fraud that is almost undetectable. Its undercover agents were able to obtain ballots for city elections a total of 61 times — 39 times using the names of dead people, 14 times using the names of incarcerated felons, and eight times using the names of non-residents. On only two occasions, or about 3 percent of the time, were the agents stopped by polling-place officials. In one of the two cases, an investigator was stopped only because the felon he was trying to vote in the name of was the son of the election official he was dealing with.

Ballot security in checking birth dates or signatures was so sloppy that young undercover agents were able to vote using the name of someone three times their age who had died. As the New York Post reports: “A 24-year female was able to access the ballot at a Manhattan poll site in November under the name of a deceased female who was born in 1923 and died in April 25, 2012 — and would have been 89 on Election Day.” All of the agents who got ballots wrote in the names of fictitious candidates so as not to actually influence election outcomes.

103 | December 31, 2013 4:04 pm

it’s not the job of the press to bring down anybody…that chore lies with the House…they took an oath t uphold the law, CNN didn’t

104. brookly red
    104 | December 31, 2013 4:04 pm

yeah tell me something I don’t already know…

105 | December 31, 2013 4:05 pm

@ brookly red:

I’m actually surprised that they even did this investigation in NYC.

Maybe it was sort of a “quality control” check…

106 | December 31, 2013 4:06 pm

It’s a lot like when they call Benghazi a manufactured scandal. Four Americans dead, what’s the problem?/

107. brookly red
    107 | December 31, 2013 4:11 pm

@ brookly red:

I’m actually surprised that they even did this investigation in NYC.

Maybe it was sort of a “quality control” check…

it was actually an audit of ACORN, they need to maintain a specified percentage of fraudulent votes to maintain taxpayer funding…

108 | December 31, 2013 4:12 pm

Exactly

109. brookly red
    109 | December 31, 2013 4:16 pm

Exactly

I told everyone how they were registering tourists w/their hotel address out in the open for all to see in Union Sq. last year… nobody cares.

110 | December 31, 2013 4:16 pm

@ brookly red:

It’s interesting that they acknowledge the fact that this type of voter fraud is “almost undetectable.” That’s a point we’ve been making for ages, every time they claim that it never happens.

111 | December 31, 2013 4:17 pm

brookly red wrote:

Exactly

and the GOP reacts with ‘how do I protect my seat?’…
    step one, ignore it

112 | December 31, 2013 4:18 pm

@ brookly red:

They do it on college campuses all over America, too.

113. brookly red
    113 | December 31, 2013 4:21 pm

@ brookly red:

now they have changed their tune to “resistance is futile”…

114 | December 31, 2013 4:23 pm

brookly red wrote:

@ brookly red:

now they have changed their tune to “resistance is futile”…

well, they got that part exactly right

115 | December 31, 2013 4:24 pm

didn’t those ancient geniuses tell David resistance is futile?

116. brookly red
    116 | December 31, 2013 4:27 pm

heysoos wrote:

didn’t those ancient geniuses tell David resistance is futile?

very good, there is hope for you yet…

117. 117 | December 31, 2013 4:27 pm

What difference does it make? That quote should haunt Hillary. The shear callousness of that comment is staggering. I am surprised that she said it.

118 | December 31, 2013 4:30 pm

S.M @redsteeze
    I (hashtag) apologize. #MHPapology
    7:48 AM -- 31 Dec 2013

@ Twitchy
    This the sort of apology from Melissa Harris-Perry, the MSNBC host that hosted the panel mocking the Romney’s for the family photo which included their adopted Black grand baby.
    Hilarious, omg a loving “White” family giving a home to a needy Black baby! Stop it, you’re killing me.
    Sheesh they’re Republicans!!!!!!! A freeking knee slapper!
    Notice she uses hashtag?

119 | December 31, 2013 4:30 pm

I’m not. She’s well known for having a temper. Remember the stories about her throwing an ashtray at Bill in the White House?

120. BatGuano
    120 | December 31, 2013 4:31 pm

What difference does it make? That quote should haunt Hillary.

I hope she gets the Democrat nomination in ’16 and the Repubs have the guts to saturate the airwaves with that clip.

121 | December 31, 2013 4:32 pm

have not followed…what some tv mouth says about Romney is, like, not on my radar…I try to think ahead

122 | December 31, 2013 4:34 pm

BatGuano wrote:

What difference does it make? That quote should haunt Hillary.

It also points to something that can be used against her in debates. If an opponent can get under her skin, she can be goaded into another outburst like that.

123 | December 31, 2013 4:35 pm

And the historical revisionism begins. We elected a black guy, now it’s time for Hillary.
    They are just beginning.

124. brookly red
    124 | December 31, 2013 4:36 pm

I am surprised they let her say it… but they did.

125 | December 31, 2013 4:37 pm

BatGuano wrote:

What difference does it make? That quote should haunt Hillary.

I hope she just quietly falls over dead…but if that’s not the case she should be torn to shreds starting yesterday…problem is a seat trumps principle by 10 to 1 very time…people want to get elected, they just don’t have the guts to govern….there are billions on the table, just walk up, vote right and scrape a pole into your purse…the feds are so entirely corrupt that I doubt it matters who’s on first

126 | December 31, 2013 4:37 pm

heysoos wrote:

It’s just understanding the critter.

127. 127 | December 31, 2013 4:39 pm

I can’t understand why everyone wasn’t dumbfounded by the “what difference does it make?” testimony. The first step in rectifying a failure is to determine what happened and why. It’s quite a breathtaking remark.

128 | December 31, 2013 4:40 pm

brookly red wrote:

I am surprised they let her say it… but they did.

Right, it struck me as a planned outburst to show her anger about the controversy.
    It was to make her look strong, but she came off as a cold , angry shrew.

129 | December 31, 2013 4:40 pm

Rangel: Obamacare “The Most Exciting Thing That’s Happened For The United States Since The Republic Began”…

. . . Asked by MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts how he predicted 2014 will go for his campaign, Rangel suggested he would be proud to run on Obamacare.

“Health care is the most exciting thing that’s happened for the United States of America since the republic began,” Rangel said. “If the health care plan proved to be as bad as the rollout, we’ve shot crap. But as far as I’m concerned, the 50 million people that hoped, dreamed and prayed that one day they could get insurance no matter what their status was, this is going to start to roll in and all of those people who have been afraid to stand with the president I think will be making a great moral mistake, but more importantly, a great political mistake as well for 2014.”

I think most people would prefer that their medical insurance not be “exciting.”

130. 130 | December 31, 2013 4:42 pm

I was reading Richard Cohen this morning, and he’s pretty depressed over Hillary’s chances. This is a case where I hope he is partially right (he also had happy thoughts about the future of ObamaCare, something I hope he is wrong about).

131 | December 31, 2013 4:42 pm

@ MacDuff:

Actually, the first step is recognizing that there has been a failure.

They still claim that it was a random event that nobody could have foreseen.

132 | December 31, 2013 4:44 pm

@ MacDuff:

It would be like Willy Sutton saying, “What difference does it matter that I robbed those banks? We need to find out how & why I did it so that we can stop me from doing it again”

133. 133 | December 31, 2013 4:45 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Mistakes were made, but we’d rather not know what they are so thy can bite us in the ass again in the future. That is essentially the Democrat’s take on Benghazi. That four Americans were killed doesn’t trouble them in the least.

134 | December 31, 2013 4:46 pm

‘cuz that’s where the money is’
    Dillenger

135 | December 31, 2013 4:49 pm

heysoos wrote:

‘cuz that’s where the money is’
    Dillenger

Nope, Willie Sutton.

136 | December 31, 2013 4:50 pm

okay, I just took a shot

137 | December 31, 2013 4:51 pm

Hillary looks like a lock for the nomination.
    If the Republican runs a gentlemanly campaign, we’re dead.

138 | December 31, 2013 4:52 pm

heysoos wrote:

okay, I just took a shot

It was close enough, they were in the same business.

139. BatGuano
    139 | December 31, 2013 4:54 pm

My wife and I have the most boring insurance imaginable. It just lays there most of the time and then comes when we call it like a faithful hound.

140 | December 31, 2013 4:57 pm

Hillary looks like a lock for the nomination.
    If the Republican runs a gentlemanly campaign, we’re dead.

pin her down in the debates…make her admit she suppords LGBT then…with respect to the voters and for the record, could she show us her dick?

141. rain of lead
    141 | December 31, 2013 4:59 pm

Hillary looks like a lock for the nomination.

yeah, that’s what they told some guy named Obama back in 2008

never forget, there is no sure thing in politics

142. brookly red
    142 | December 31, 2013 4:59 pm

@ MacDuff:

OK let me go there and remember I do this for a living… the what does it matter was a positioning statement designed to deflect and like a link on a website take you somewhere else… it failed because there was nowhere else to go. It is like blocking a punch. OK now what?

143. brookly red
    143 | December 31, 2013 5:00 pm

rain of lead wrote:

Hillary looks like a lock for the nomination.

yeah, that’s what they told some guy named Obama back in 2008

never forget, there is no sure thing in politics

144. rain of lead
    144 | December 31, 2013 5:00 pm

since it’s been a rough day I ran across this and it gave me a chuckle

poor Dallas fans

145. rain of lead
    145 | December 31, 2013 5:03 pm

@ rain of lead:

but at least the anchor on my team the Titans has passed on so maybe things in twang town can get shaken up a bit

146. 146 | December 31, 2013 5:05 pm

@ rain of lead:
    Yeah I remember the last time she was “inevitable”. Nothing is certain this far out. We don’t know who’s going to run, or even what issues will be hot. Three years is forever in politics.

147. brookly red
    147 | December 31, 2013 5:07 pm

rain of lead wrote:

Hillary looks like a lock for the nomination.

yeah, that’s what they told some guy named Obama back in 2008

never forget, there is no sure thing in politics

forgive the bitch slap but you got it coming… politics ends where voter fraud begins. Stop worrying what voters think and start worrying
    about the validity of the vote. Oh single women vote blah blah blah, Blue collar workers vote blah blah blah… It is all one big lie. Deal with that.

148. BatGuano
    148 | December 31, 2013 5:08 pm

@ BatGuano:
    I’m sure Obamacare will put it to sleep.

149. rain of lead
    149 | December 31, 2013 5:08 pm

oh dear, when Obama reads about this in the paper he is going to be angry,very angry indeed

Iowa to thousands: HealthCare.gov didn’t work, you’re uninsured, please try our site

Nearly 16,000 Iowans who tried to apply for coverage via the trouble-plagued federal health-insurance website are being told to apply separately through the state Department of Human Services.

The Friday afternoon announcement is the latest bout of bad news about the website, which is a key part of the Affordable Care Act.

The announcement affects people who entered their information into healthcare.gov and received a notice that they might qualify for Medicaid. The federal computer system was supposed to transfer their applications to a state computer system, but that transfer has been complicated by technical problems. The timing is critical, because the new insurance coverage is supposed to take effect on New Year’s Day, which is Wednesday.

150. 150 | December 31, 2013 5:11 pm

@ brookly red:
    I always prefer to hit them when I am blocking the punch. That will shock their system, and give you an opportunity to wreck their world.

151. rain of lead
    151 | December 31, 2013 5:13 pm

it’s ok
    sure there is MASSIVE vote fraud, I get it
    but there is TOO much time between now and 2016 to Hillary is a lock

rumsfelds rules are still just as true now as they were then

… there are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.
    There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don’t know.
    But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don’t know

152 | December 31, 2013 5:14 pm

@ rain of lead:
    well, as a lifetime Cowboy fan I will say this…the only big mistake (Jones) that should have been avoided was not having a better relationship with Sean Payton…under Parcells he was asst head coach and OC…Tom Benson was paying attention tho and before Jones blinked Payton was gone…a HUGE blunder…since then, every year, the Cowboys are better than the Saints on paper, but look at the W/L record….Jones blew it

153. rain of lead

156 | December 31, 2013 5:18 pm

heysoos wrote:

perfectly clear…thanks

Clear as Kafka

157. Calo
    157 | December 31, 2013 5:20 pm

Ha! Finished Season 3, finally.

158. rain of lead
    158 | December 31, 2013 5:21 pm

now that’s funny right there, I don’t care who you are

159 | December 31, 2013 5:21 pm

rain of lead wrote:

@ heysoos:
    football
    it will break your heart every time

maybe…I’ve lived to see Dallas win 5 SB’s and dominate the game for years on end…since free agency the Cowboys have been just about average…FA changed the game dramatically, but that’s no excuse…as for the team, I have never seen any other team play like they do…if you want excitement, heart attack football, you get your money’s worth…look at the historic stats and there is not another team even close for winning or losing close, nail biter, gimme a stroke games…most people hate them…I love them for the very reason just said

160 | December 31, 2013 5:21 pm

Calo wrote:

Ha! Finished Season 3, finally.

Like the way Quarles was “disarmed” at the end?

Season 5 starts Tuesday.

161. rain of lead
    161 | December 31, 2013 5:23 pm

@ Calo:

hey
    momcat is doing better
    the girl and I are at home right now but will be heading back to the hospital in a bit. we left after lunch so she could try and get some
    sleep

will have a progress report later this evening

162. rain of lead
    162 | December 31, 2013 5:25 pm

@ heysoos:

win or lose, I love a good nail-biter of a football game

163 | December 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Great news!

164. rain of lead
    164 | December 31, 2013 5:45 pm

sheesh
    just what I freakin want, to be out on the roads on new years eve

165 | December 31, 2013 5:46 pm

rain of lead wrote:

sheesh
    just what I freakin want, to be out on the roads on new years eve

Yeah…I don’t plan to go more than half a mile from home

166 | December 31, 2013 5:52 pm

Number of cops killed by gunfire in 2013 dips to 33, lowest since 1887

The number of law enforcement authorities killed by gunfire dipped to 33 in 2013, the lowest total since the Wild West days of 1887, according to a report from a law enforcement advocacy group.

The number of police officers felled by bullets around the nation has been trending downward in recent years, but the 125-year low reported by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund was welcome news for the nation’s peacekeepers. Experts also noted that overall line-of-duty deaths of federal, state, local, tribal and territorial officers dropped to 111, the lowest total since 1959.

“The only good news is zero deaths, but this very significant drop in law enforcement fatalities the past two years is extremely encouraging,” said Craig Floyd, chairman and CEO of the fund. “Our organization, in partnership with others, is working hard to create a new culture of safety in law enforcement that no longer accepts deaths and injuries as an unavoidable part of the job. This year’s officer fatality report is strong evidence that this intensified effort to promote law enforcement safety is making a difference.”

The Officer Down Memorial Page tally also includes four police dogs, including Koda of the Leon County (Florida) Sheriff’s Office, Kilo of the Indiana State Police, Ronin of the Glendale (Arizona) Police Department and Ape, who was fatally shot in March just three weeks after completing his FBI training, according to the website.

At the same time that gun sales were at record numbers.

Hmm…maybe the guns aren’t the problem…

167 | December 31, 2013 5:54 pm

newsflash!…
    innocent citizens killed by police up 400%

168 | December 31, 2013 5:56 pm

heysoos wrote:

Hillary looks like a lock for the nomination.
    If the Republican runs a gentlemanly campaign, we’re dead.

It would be interesting.

169 | December 31, 2013 5:57 pm

rain of lead wrote:

Hillary looks like a lock for the nomination.

yeah, that’s what they told some guy named Obama back in 2008

never forget, there is no sure thing in politics

That’s true

170 | December 31, 2013 5:58 pm

This is a pretty cool video:

Dubai’s New Year’s fireworks display set to break record

500,000 fireworks set off in 6 minutes

171 | December 31, 2013 5:59 pm

brookly red wrote:

@ MacDuff:

That’s it. She expected a different response.

172. 172 | December 31, 2013 6:03 pm

maybe the guns aren’t the problem…

That’s crazy talk. Everybody knows that guns take possession of their owner’s soul and force them to commit atrocities. If there were no guns, there’d be peace on earth, because people didn’t kill each other before the invention of the gun… :roll:

173 | December 31, 2013 6:04 pm

maybe the guns aren’t the problem…

you have to be insane to own a hammer, just crazy

174. 174 | December 31, 2013 6:05 pm

@ heysoos:

With numbers that low for officers killed, it might very well be the case that cops “mistakenly” killed more people than there were cops killed in the line of duty. Cops are a bigger threat to civilians than civilians are to cops, perhaps.

175 | December 31, 2013 6:08 pm

@ heysoos:

I learned the hard way to respect cops, not for their attitude but for their force…but it’s slipping away

176. 176 | December 31, 2013 6:13 pm

@ heysoos:

They’ll always outnumber you. If they don’t outnumber you initially, they’ll call backup. I’ve known good cops and bad cops over the years. For the most part they are just people, but sometimes you get a bully in there, and that is dangerous to everybody concerned.

177 | December 31, 2013 6:14 pm

my step son informs me he has 240 incandescent light bulbs of varying wattage…enough to last a lifetime according to him…my kids are hard core…they stash away light bulbs, gun oil, chili powder etc…

178 | December 31, 2013 6:23 pm

@ heysoos:

I got into a mess outside a bar…a real melee…I did all right and was actually having fun…I looked and saw my buddies getting swarmed, so I flew to the rescue, started heaving people away and punching, kicking and BOOM, I went down…a cop hit me with his stick and broke my collarbone…I went to the ER, then the county…next day this young guy shows up at my cell to help get me out, the cop that hit me…claimed he was aiming for someone else, knew I was not any instigator, got me out no charges and drove me back to my car at the saloon, then I went home…I repeat this story because there are plenty of cops that don’t want people fucked up, and will actually help you out

179 | December 31, 2013 6:34 pm

Obama Admin Asks Judge To Release Radical Leftist Lawyer Lynne Stewart Who Conspired With Jihadist Cleric…

The U.S. government has asked a New York judge to release a dying former civil rights lawyer who was convicted in a terrorism case from prison.

The government made the request on behalf of Lynne Stewart in a letter to U.S. District Judge John Koeltl on Tuesday. Koeltl has said he cannot release her early without a recommendation for “compassionate release” from prison authorities.

Prosecutors said in their letter that the director of the Federal Bureau of Prisons was making the request along with prosecutors. The 74-year-old Stewart is not scheduled for release until August 2018. Prosecutors say she suffers from recurrent stage-four breast cancer.

Stewart has been imprisoned since 2009 after she was convicted of helping a blind Egyptian sheik, Omar Abdel-Rahman, communicate with his followers from prison.

She should be in Gitmo.

180. eaglesoars
    180 | December 31, 2013 7:04 pm

She should be in Gitmo.

no. she should be in a box. pine.

181. livefreeor die
    181 | December 31, 2013 9:34 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    She said she doesn’t want to die in a “strange and loveless place”. I bet all those people who had to make the decision of whether to jump to their deaths or burn to death on 9/11 would have preferred to die in a different situation too.

She helped out terrorists and was downright smug and self righteous while doing so. Let her rot in jail and die alone.

182. 182 | December 31, 2013 11:54 pm

Do you have your tnsnames.ora file setup and do you have the TNS_ADMIN path set to the folder that tnsnames.ora resides in? what is the output of a tnsping of your instance?

183. 183 | January 1, 2014 1:11 am

Hoo boy, LGF truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

… like a bad case of shingles. Iceweasel needs to quit bogarting that bottle of Valtrex

184. texasam7
    184 | January 1, 2014 9:05 am

@ livefreeor die:
    Damn right. She’s a criminal. She aided the enemy. A loveless place for a loveless person. Poetic.